1561 replies to this topic

#496 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,240 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

Where did you see that.

I heard (right before the interview with him), that most experts had him as the 15-16th rated DE....that is a lower round pick.  Not 2nd round.

This simulator has him at #54 and 8th best DE

http://fanspeak.com/...clock/draft.php

#497 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

#498 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,388 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

http://www.nfldrafts...=2014&genpos=DE  3-4th round pick 11th rated DE. 

http://walterfootbal...draft2014DE.php 3-5th round pick 15th rated DE. 

He was a third round pick before he started to fall in the last week before the announcement.  I'd probably say he's a 3-4th round pick right now based on all the current projections. 

#499 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

People who wish/think this shouldn't be a big story or important are misguided. It has to be a big deal today if it's going to be no big deal tomorrow.

It was a big deal when limburgh flew across the Atlantic, but now thousands of people do it every day.

#500 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

If it is biological then having a brain that mutated would explain what you are talking about.  There is a disorder and when I say dis I mean out of the ordinary.  The average person isn't gay just like the average person doesn't have 2 thumbs, so if being gay is a disorder than that person has a mental or hormonal imbalances.  If it's mental then test needs to be done to figure out how to tell the signs at birth so parents will know how to give their children the right treatment to cure the mental imbalance.

However if it is hormonal then there can be testoterone and estrogen shots that can be given to bring that balance back in place.  If it's neither then it is a lifestyle and choice and they will they chose to carry on with daily life.

Let me be the first (as far as I've read) to say this ... you are a full-of-poo idiot.

#501 FugginPoo

FugginPoo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

What is old is new again

ROMANS 1

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

#502 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,776 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

What is old is new again

ROMANS 1

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Okay, listen. We're all glad you like a book. But you can't expect people to live their lives based on the teaching of a book meant for people who thought the world was flat, selling relatives was cool, slavery was okay, bushes talk, oceans part, and people who have grow two different crops on the same plot of land should be stoned to death.

We're living in a different time. We are different people. We know infinitely more than we as a species knew then. To try to force modern human beings to adhere to the teachings of the Bible as literally as you would have them, it literally trying to jam a square peg in a round hole.

So please, keep the Bible out of this discussion. You may as well quote sci-fi novels. They are equally relevant to contemporary society as that passage.

#503 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,240 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

http://www.theonion....eview:1:Default

“At the end of the day, we’re football players focused on winning games, so conceivably my sexual orientation won’t be a distraction to a group of oversized men essentially paid to violently express their anger on a daily basis and whose physical aggression toward others pretty much defines who they are as human beings.

#504 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

This simulator has him at #54 and 8th best DE

http://fanspeak.com/...clock/draft.php

Interesting....did not see that.

I was just basing my comment on what they said during the airing of the interview.

#505 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,240 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Not sure which is worse: Homophobia or blaming the Bible

#506 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

I don't understand what the problem is here...?

And while we're at it...why is this even a thread?

#507 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

It's not that it's a homophobic sport. 

The reality is dudes see you naked in the locker room, it's a physical sport, and a lot happens under the pile.  Just because I don't care if they legalize gay marriage doesn't mean I should have to feel objectified at my work place.  

It's not phobic if it's reality.

It's like a dude playing girls basketball, using the same locker room and everything.  It's essentially the same thing if someone's gay.

Women are objectified at work (and elsewhere) constantly by men .... wtf are you talking about?

#508 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

I swear Christians are the most judgmental f*cks around.

#509 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,678 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

What is old is new again

ROMANS 1

Talk to gay couples and then tell me if any of this gibberish is applicable to them. We are talking about human beings here, this is so disrespectful and dangerous to human beings. There are gay people, there have always been gay people, there with always be gay people. Instead of having broken homes and sham marriages, kids killing themselves and treating these people as second class citizens why don't we try to understand where these people come from, the troubles they go through in life and find ways to weed out homophobia? Would society as a whole not be better for it? Would the sanctity of marriage really be worse off if gay couples could marry? Imagine all the lessons we could learn about tolerance and acceptance. The same things Jesus preached. Treating people the way you want to be treated. This inclusiveness i guarantee would make us stronger as a society.

#510 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,203 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

The day I see a person being gay thread that don't go past 5 pages is the day I will officially realize this country made a complete change

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com