1563 replies to this topic

#991 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

I've enjoyed our debate TRG.  You seem like a good reasonable man.  None of what I have to say is directed towards anyone that just wants to play ball.

Gay people deserve the same rights, and they're getting them.  We could have a toast to that.  I'm not trying to offend anyone by categorizing them as a stereo type.

I'm just saying that if there is one thing on this planet that people actually own it's their bodies, and for most they choose to keep it sacred for those who they want to see it.

Showers are a necessity, but individuals shouldn't feel pressure to share it with anyone if they feel there's even a possibility of being objectified.   This goes for men and women.

So how do we gracefully navigate these waters so where everyone is happy?

Equality isn't about being overt and infringing others ideals whether they're the same or not.  It's not about proving a point to someone that doesn't agree with you.  It's about equal treatment....which I believe in, and I think gays are finally starting to get.  Gay men are equal to any other man....they're just different in what they want.

Funny ... seems you're changing your tune, aren't you? I mean, you said it wasn't a big deal for straight women to shower with lesbians.

#992 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

Funny ... seems you're changing your tune, aren't you? I mean, you said it wasn't a big deal for straight women to shower with lesbians.

I didn't say that.  I've never changed my tune.  Maybe I've been misinterpreted this whole time....that's my guess.   I never said any one should be unequal, or that being gay is morally wrong or they shouldn't have the rights as a straight married couple.  I'm trying to have a respectful discussion.  I'd have this conversation in my home over a beer switching back and forth between this subject and what the Panthers are going to do in the off season.  That actually sounds like fun to me.

The only concern I've had is someone's right to modesty among gay men in a locker room. Gay players shouldn't have to have a separate locker room nor straight players because that's discrimination.  Private showers and dressing rooms is all I said.  I have had words put in my mouth over this discussion by huddlers I must have struck a nerve with,

#993 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

Motivation to improve yourself? LOL

o-BIRTHDAY-INVITATION-570.jpg?6

Motivation to improve yourself!  Show those people you... aren't... uh... gay?

How long do you think a generation is?

I'm beginning to think you're just trolling.

Saw this and thought about you.

#994 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

http://www.dallasnew...?nclick_check=1

Will be uphill battle for Sam even after being drafted

#995 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,338 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

They mention Melvin Ingram having two sacks but forget to mention he tore his Achilles or acl and missed almost the entire season.

I don't know how Sam will do in the nfl though. He's a worker that's for sure though

#996 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,700 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

Well I'm not trying to start nothing here. I'm just saying. I agree with you. People know what I said about this the last time. I'm not against how people want to live their lives and all. That's between them and God. But people seem to pick and chose subjects to call people bigots. As a Christian I don't hate no one. But people say they get tired of seeing Christians push the Bible down their throat as they say. But yet if I say I'm tired of the gay community pushing their gay agenda all over the news just to draw attention. But when I go there people will call me a bigot because I have my opinion. Again I don't care how they live their life. But why announce it all over the news for. No one really care. Just go play football and win. That's all teams and fans care about. That's the bottomline. What you do in you bed room at night or when ever is you business. Keep it to yourself.

That's your problem. Everyone should be free to be who they are and not have to hide it. We straight guys don't have to hide who we are of public rejection. Why should they? It's who they are. They need the same freedoms we do

#997 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...entation-matter

While the survey showed most players aren't concerned with another's sexual orientation, it also made clear the concerns players would have with learning how to relate to an openly gay teammate.

Forty-four players said a teammate's sexual orientation didn't matter to them, and 39 said they would be comfortable showering around a gay teammate. But 32 players said they had teammates or coaches who used homophobic slurs last season, and when asked if an openly gay player would be comfortable in a NFL locker room, just 25 players said yes; 21 said no while five declined to answer.

#998 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,760 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

those are pretty encouraging numbers considering that there isn't even an active gay player in the NFL yet.  That'll change a lot, IMO.

#999 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

Here's something from Cam on Sam.

http://blogs.charlot...rce=twitterfeed

#1000 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,338 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

Here's something from Cam on Sam.

http://blogs.charlot...rce=twitterfeed

Yup was gonna post that. Glad the face of our franchise gets it. The New generation up and coming is going to make this less and less of a big deal. The times they are a changin'

#1001 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

That's your problem. Everyone should be free to be who they are and not have to hide it. We straight guys don't have to hide who we are of public rejection. Why should they? It's who they are. They need the same freedoms we do

The problem is you need help. Why is the whole freedom subject keep been brought up? No one is stopping this guy to live the way he wants to. BTW I never know any person to say anything about their sexual preference on TV or in the newpapers and every where else. I don't go telling the whole nation I'm having sex with a women or having to tell them I'm straight. Bottomline a lot of this is for attention more then anything. Call it what you want. That is the way I see it. I don't care if he is gay or she is gay or if Obama is gay. I just don't want to keep hearing or reading about people sex life. Whether they sleep with a person other gender or their gender. But sure heck don't want to hear about. Plain and simple. Who you sleep with has nothing to do with you freedom. Just a like a lot of groups in the world. The whine and cry and try to get attention in the media to get notice. No one really cares whether he gay or not. His job is simply to come out on Sunday and win games. What you do in your personal life is your business I don't want to know.

#1002 332nd

332nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

The problem is you need help. Why is the whole freedom subject keep been brought up? No one is stopping this guy to live the way he wants to. BTW I never know any person to say anything about their sexual preference on TV or in the newpapers and every where else. I don't go telling the whole nation I'm having sex with a women or having to tell them I'm straight. Bottomline a lot of this is for attention more then anything. Call it what you want. That is the way I see it. I don't care if he is gay or she is gay or if Obama is gay. I just don't want to keep hearing or reading about people sex life. Whether they sleep with a person other gender or their gender. But sure heck don't want to hear about. Plain and simple. Who you sleep with has nothing to do with you freedom. Just a like a lot of groups in the world. The whine and cry and try to get attention in the media to get notice. No one really cares whether he gay or not. His job is simply to come out on Sunday and win games. What you do in your personal life is your business I don't want to know.

Well, freedom is brought up because he may not be able to marry his boyfriend depending on where he ends up.

As for you hearing about it, if he had kept quiet about it, then during the draft he had cameras in his house & he's sitting on the couch holding hands with some guy, his name is called & he leans over & kisses the guy, would that be telling the world?

#1003 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,760 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

They "whine and cry" because they don't have the same rights you do.  They "whine and cry" because an entire political party is populated, in no small part, anyway, even if not a majority, by legislators that wish to restrict their rights (see other threads on this in this forum).

If you live in North Carolina, your state is keeping him from "living the way he wants to" there.

#1004 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:14 AM

I don't go telling the whole nation I'm having sex with a women or having to tell them I'm straight.

If you go in public with your wife/girlfriend, yes you do. Just wearing a wedding ring is "coming out" with your sex life.

#1005 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

Motivation to improve yourself? LOL

o-BIRTHDAY-INVITATION-570.jpg?6

Motivation to improve yourself!  Show those people you... aren't... uh... gay?

How long do you think a generation is?

I'm beginning to think you're just trolling.

Wondering if that is actually real....or a fake, like the numerous supposed comments being made on credit card receipts at restaurants (that have been proven to be fakes).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com