• Please log in to reply
1563 replies to this topic

#1006 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,528 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

Wondering if that is actually real....or a fake, like the numerous supposed comments being made on credit card receipts at restaurants (that have been proven to be fakes).

it was faked by two straight radio jockeys to stir people up - since they were so adamant about it's truth at first I thought it was real.  assholes.

on the other hand, Republican legislatures legislating legal discrimination are unfortunately not hoaxes. :(

#1007 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

it was faked by two straight radio jockeys to stir people up - since they were so adamant about it's truth at first I thought it was real.  assholes.

on the other hand, Republican legislatures legislating legal discrimination are unfortunately not hoaxes. :(

I was not trying to be sarcastic with my original question.  Was really wondering whether it was real....or someone faking something to get their 15 min of fame.

#1008 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,528 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

I was not trying to be sarcastic with my original question.  Was really wondering whether it was real....or someone faking something to get their 15 min of fame.

basically was that, though not the usual culprit.

#1009 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

basically was that, though not the usual culprit.

I could not imagine anyone ever writing something like that and returning it.....but then again, there are a lot of idiots out there.

#1010 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,528 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

I could not imagine anyone ever writing something like that and returning it.....but then again, there are a lot of idiots out there.

I can.  Someone in my mother's congregation - in Vermont - had something similar occur a few years back.

#1011 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

The problem is you need help. Why is the whole freedom subject keep been brought up? No one is stopping this guy to live the way he wants to. BTW I never know any person to say anything about their sexual preference on TV or in the newpapers and every where else. I don't go telling the whole nation I'm having sex with a women or having to tell them I'm straight. Bottomline a lot of this is for attention more then anything. Call it what you want. That is the way I see it. I don't care if he is gay or she is gay or if Obama is gay. I just don't want to keep hearing or reading about people sex life. Whether they sleep with a person other gender or their gender. But sure heck don't want to hear about. Plain and simple. Who you sleep with has nothing to do with you freedom. Just a like a lot of groups in the world. The whine and cry and try to get attention in the media to get notice. No one really cares whether he gay or not. His job is simply to come out on Sunday and win games. What you do in your personal life is your business I don't want to know.

Actually millions of people care. People like you who say no one wants to hear about it only say that because you just quietly want it to go away instead of facing it head on. Face the facts. Times are changing and for the first time in a long time in this country people of different sexual orientation don't have to have the fear of getting beat up walking down the street if they were gay. They don't have to worry about being thrown out of the military if someone outs them. Millions of people want to hear what this Sam kid has to say because he isn't afraid of what people like you will think about him. And sadly he will go to nfl home and away games and get heckled and have the nastiest things you can think of being hurled at him and he doesn't care because he is now free to be himself finally.

Get with the times. People like you are just going to have to come to grips that these people have rights to and you can't keep ignoring them

#1012 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,885 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Doubt the Cowboys draft him

http://profootballta...ne-on-the-butt/

#1013 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,548 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

He clocks a 4.79 in the 40 which is probably right in the middle for DEs

#1014 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,548 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

The NFL draft — the league’s Radio City-staged, nationally televised, endlessly hyped off-season spectacle — opens Thursday night, and for the first time an openly gay player will be waiting for a phone call.

But it could be a long wait for Michael Sam, the University of Missouri defender and all-American who came out in February. Draft analysts say he might not be selected until the last picks are made on Saturday — and perhaps not at all.

If that happens, Sam could still sign with a team as an undrafted free agent and play on Sundays this fall. But it would pose a public-relations problem for the NFL, the most profitable league in America, which has never had an openly gay player.

“For them not to select him would be very problematic,” said Cyd Zeigler, the founder of OutSports.com, which published an insider account of Sam’s coming out three months ago. Fairly or not, he said, “If he isn’t selected, it’s a public black eye on the league.”

Maybe...or maybe he just isn't talented enough.

But I bet he gets picked up though

#1015 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

he'll be picked in round 4 or 5

#1016 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,885 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

7th

#1017 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,325 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

He'll be picked up after a few rounds

at the Ramrod club am I rite fellas?

HAHAHA

#1018 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,917 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

7th

Amazing how he went from a projected third rounder to a projected later rounder or undrafted only a few hours after his coming out

#1019 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,885 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

I never heard him as a third rounder, where did you hear that?

#1020 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,917 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

I never heard him as a third rounder, where did you hear that?

On multiple draft sites, the day I heard about him. Many were even saying second round.

He was only known as the SEC DPOtY at that time (the last seven years they have been taken in the first round). But after that he was under the microscope, the criticisms of his "on the field play" came flooding in. In reality it was damage control if this dude dropped for no reason other than his orientation.

Not to mention this has already happened to Kerry Rhodes, the dude was ranked as the 4th best FS the year before he got blacklisted for the mere accusation that he was gay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com