Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bring your id

250 posts in this topic

Posted

Bf96x3dCQAA5c_1.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Your point? It is common knowledge if you get arrested without id you might be held for days if its the weekend til you can prove your identity. Meanwhile a couple hours processed if you have your id.

2 people like this

Posted

Simple irony of seeing a march bemoaning voter id, when one of their highlighted suggestions is to ensure you have your id. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Your point? It is common knowledge if you get arrested without id you might be held for days if its the weekend til you can prove your identity. Meanwhile a couple hours processed if you have your id.

You don't see the irony in this?

The NAACP is screaming that requiring someone to get an ID is too much of a burden....yet is telling everyone to bring their gov't issued ID/

Posted

We should be careful.  Some people don't know what irony means. 

Posted

We should be careful.  Some people don't know what irony means. 

Yep...there are some real think tank level people in here.

One of them told me I was hearing voices....so I must be bi-polar.  LOL

Posted

It's not a requirement, just a suggestion. Like TR said, its just SOP for demonstrations to streamline getting released if you get arrested.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted

And no one's saying it's a requirement...just making a joke of it. 

Posted

Actually I do completely fail to see the irony. They aren't fighting government ids in general. They are specifically arguing one should not have to produce one in order to vote. If you actually feel that these are in any way related if have to question your abilty to tie your own shoes without hanging yourself.

Plus as usual you miss the entire point of argument on voter Ids. It's nothing but a means of disenfranchisement and there is no voter fraud "problem" that needs to be fixed.

7 people like this

Posted

Then why ask people who they are when they come to vote.  They're there.  Just let them vote.  They don't have to say who they are.  Maybe they are deaf mute and can't speak.  Why deny them the right to vote.  Either way....the non-voter id people are in the vast minority...even amongst democrats. 

Posted

My logic is this, give me your paycheck. Then let me go to the employer's bank to cash it and see how that works without an id. Verification provides the structure integrity, not a discriminative property. It provides a security layer that protects an individual's rights but some view this as ignorant. No matter what the opinion is, simple measures like photo id helps provide a cheap protective measure against criminal activity that can destroy one's life, values, etc.

2 people like this

Posted

My logic is this, give me your paycheck. Then let me go to the employer's bank to cash it and see how that works without an id. Verification provides the structure integrity, not a discriminative property. It provides a security layer that protects an individual's rights but some view this as ignorant. No matter what the opinion is, simple measures like photo id helps provide a cheap protective measure against criminal activity that can destroy one's life, values, etc.

I have a right to use a bank without ID