Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bring your id

250 posts in this topic

Posted

Want absentee's reformed?  Have at it.

Will wait for a proposal from Rev Barber.  I'm all for a complete reform of the absentee system, but don't throw out that strawman in attempt to deflect what a vast majority of North Carolinians feel is a no-brainer. 

Posted

Yes telling us all about protecting the integrity of the voting process then going after something which statistically has nothing to do with the integrity of the voting process is an excuse for me to roll out the straw man

Silly me what was I thinking how blind of me

I don't give a poo what a majority thinks this is a legal issue protecting the most basic constitutional right we have and you all seem more than happy to let it slide when it suits you - which is the opposite of what a constitutional right is about

Posted

when voter fraud actually does occur, it's almost always through absentee ballots

most absentee ballots are cast for republicans

republicans have made absolutely no attempt to control voter fraud in absentee ballots despite touting voter id as an imperative for the integrity of our elections

given all these facts there is literally no possible way to say "gosh i don't know what their motivations are!" it's as cut-and-dried as it gets.

Posted

Hey philly that's a straw man argument

Posted

when voter fraud actually does occur, it's almost always through absentee ballots

most absentee ballots are cast for republicans

republicans have made absolutely no attempt to control voter fraud in absentee ballots despite touting voter id as an imperative for the integrity of our elections

given all these facts there is literally no possible way to say "gosh i don't know what their motivations are!" it's as cut-and-dried as it gets.

Love liberal mind readers.  Almost all republicans are Jim Crow, and a vast majority of North Carolinians....including a majority of democrats.  It's just the raging libs like you, Philly and CWG, that are in lockstep with Barber and his fringe beliefs. 

Posted

Never heard of him so now you are making poo up in order to justify your weak weak arguments for disenfranchisement

Posted

The march was voluntary and not a right granted, thus one can require ID.

The Right to Vote is granted.

This was a bad thread.

That said, I still haven't seen a complete argument that can make me believe this is a huge hinderance (If ID's are free, easy to obtain, and readily available). 

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks like one side wants to keep their ill gotten votes to offset the other sides ill gotten votes.

Now we're getting somewhere.  Nothing like progress

Posted

;)

Posted

Once again show us the ill gotten votes VoteRID prevents, or shut up. Again.

Posted

Love liberal mind readers.  Almost all republicans are Jim Crow, and a vast majority of North Carolinians....including a majority of democrats.  It's just the raging libs like you, Philly and CWG, that are in lockstep with Barber and his fringe beliefs. 

i never said anything about jim crow or reading minds. how do you explain the fact that voter id is about scrambling to protect the integrity of every american's vote by ending voter fraud, and yet the biggest area of voter fraud is completely ignored?

Posted

also this is the first time in my life i've been referred to as a 'raging lib'