Photo
- - - - -

Bring your id

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

#241 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

Why does it matter how they function in life? What business is that od ours? Why should that be determinative if they can vote?

On voting day often times churches bus people for free to voting precincts. Many political action committees will provide transportation. Many, like myself, are walking distance to their polling place.

The only time I can think of that I truly need my ID (other than driving) is to deposit a check in the bank.

You have hit the nail on the head. It's not the improvement of their lives any politician cares about. It's that vote.

if I were a politician and saw people having to be bussed in or had no way around and they voted for me and year after year I see that same person who has not advanced AT ALL then I have to question what it is I'm really doing for those that I "represent".

#242 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

You have hit the nail on the head. It's not the improvement of their lives any politician cares about. It's that vote.

if I were a politician and saw people having to be bussed in or had no way around and they voted for me and year after year I see that same person who has not advanced AT ALL then I have to question what it is I'm really doing for those that I "represent".

I don't understand you point unless you are saying that since some of these people vote for the party that they believe best represents their interests, but you disagree with them, that their vote should be suppressed because Republicans actually know what is best for them?

#243 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

I don't understand you point unless you are saying that since some of these people vote for the party that they believe best represents their interests, but you disagree with them, that their vote should be suppressed because Republicans actually know what is best for them?

uhh no. you said what difference does it make about their life and what they do or how they get around and i said you hit the nail on the head. Most politicians that is the LAST thing on their mind.

I have NEVER EVER NEVER said a vote should suppressed. NEVER. Got it?

What I am saying is you sub consciously just said what all the politicians really think. They don't care if a person goes from one year having to get a ride to moving up the ladder to the point they can drive themselves. They just want that vote. Rep or Dem.

So let's all stop pretending here that the big issue is or isn't having an id. Because that's small potatoes when you start to dig deeper into a persons life, because you know, they vote for someone like you said who shares their interest, but dang if don't seem to be the opposite with the outcome of what happens to the voter.

Let people do what they want. I agree. If they like to live in the exact same place they did the previous 4 or 2 years ok. Rock and roll.

#244 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

That is not what I said subconsciously or otherwise. I was talking about voter suppression as it pertains to this law.

You are talking about broader issues, which is fine but doesn't have anything to do with this discussion.

I will just say I would rather have politicians pander for votes than try to suppress voters.

#245 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

But the pandering has lead, if anything unintentionally, to suppressing the voters. Many are simply placated by pulling the lever but that's as far as their voice goes.

There are tens of thousands of districts where they have not changed for GENERATIONS. But the focus is on the id and not the results of the insanity.

Maybe one day the voter will go hey. We vote you guys in over and over and where has it gotten us? Yes this includes the Reps.

Gotta keep my moderate cred with the tinderbox ombudsmen.

#246 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

The same party that passed Obamacare where all the unfortunate have to do is go online and sign up is the same party that says voter ID cards are impossible.

So which is it?

They can get insurance, get online, get everything else the gov has to offer, but they cannot in any way, shape or form, get an ID card.

Just not a credible argument

#247 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

ACA is racist!

#248 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

Lol.  The mental gymnastics you guys have to go through to support a law that is completely unnecessary and transparent in it's intent is pretty impressive just to maintain loyalty to party or maintain anger toward the other.

Not one person has given a reasonable answer to why this is soooo important that it is priority number one for Republicans across the country and why Democrats oppose it so feverishly.  Especially when it costs taxpayers money and is a complete waste of money and is just more government intervention.

If anything Republicans should be screaming from the hilltops about how this is an infringement on American freedom and is more Big Brother government overreach that is spending money on problems that doesn't exist.

But instead it is priority number 1.  Hmmmmmm

Doesn't take much to see this for what it is.

As far as ACA goes I don't think it created 100% coverage and there are still going to probably be millions of poor people who can't get it or won't get it.  Especially due to Republican obstructionism at both the federal level and state level.

#249 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

Republicans:  Now the party of "Hello we are the government and we're here to help."

Never thought I would see the day.

Can't wait for this same logic when businesses are bitching about getting greenhouse gas permits from the EPA being to "burdensome" on them.

#250 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

Because of the beloved two party system doesn't each side have to do the opposite? Its dumb.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app