Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

another PF linked to Bobcats: Brandon Bass

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Also potentially in the mix for Bass are the Bobcats, who are desperate to add depth at power forward as they attempt to make a run to just their second playoff berth in franchise history. Charlotte owes its own draft pick to Chicago, if it winds up landing outside the Top 10, but does have Detroit’s pick, if it lands outside the Top 8.

The Bobcats own Portland’s pick, which will wind up late in the first round because of the way Portland has played, and that’s the pick that would most likely wind up with Boston in a Bass deal.

Monroe > Gibson > Bass

would rather not give up a 1st round pick for Bass- even if it is gonna be at the end of the 1st round

1 person likes this

Posted

Ugg no to Bass. 

I would rather hold on to the pick.

Posted

I think Bass would fit in nice here, I think hes worth a late 1st round pick.  Its not like charlottes going to do anything sensible with the pick anyways. I'd love to have Glen Robinson III at #28 though.

Posted

Gibson > Bass > Monroe

Ok, maybe Monroe over Bass, just don't like the fit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Get the bad feeling that Cat brass are getting into a "Lets do a deal, so we can say we did a deal" mode. And that's ususally when they screw something up.

Posted

do you guys feel that there's a little more "tanking" than usual? It seems that everyone in the EC not named Miami are sellers. I've seen rumors even linking Pacers players like Stephenson and George Hill to the Bobcats. 

fug the NBA draft lottery. We'd probably get screwed anyway. Aquire some nice pieces and get while the gettin is good. 

Posted

This is a typical Bobcats move. Watch it happen.

Posted

I actually think Bass would be a good fit here. Powerful PF with respectable defensive game, hustle, and a decent mid range shot. All I can think about is how often Cody Zeller has a wide open mid range from the elbow and we all know he is going to miss. Bass could definitely knock those down.

Posted

God no... No...

Posted

Brandon Bass is a solid player. As long as you aren't giving up much. If you don't like Bass you probably don't know much about him.

Posted

Brandon Bass would fit the team and improve us but, I don't think he is what we need for a playoff run. I would still like him.. Just worried about what we would pay.

2 people like this

Posted

Brandon Bass would fit the team and improve us but, I don't think he is what we need for a playoff run. I would still like him.. Just worried about what we would pay.

That's how I feel, he wouldn't be a bad addition but he is definitely not worth a first round pick.