Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigBoss

I hear UNC is playing Duke Wednesday

302 posts in this topic

I remember Andre dawkins family members tried to make it to a game through ice and snow one time...

but the game really is more important right?

The problem is you haven't read the entire thread. The Acc, Duke, and unc were all in discussions on what to do with the game. They ALL agreed it was best for the teams and the fans to postpone the game. Stop blaming coach K, unc and your AD were all in on the discussions and agreed on postponement.

Of course they agreed on it. What were they supposed to do?

They were telling all of us that it was still on until Duke and Coach K decided they didn't want to come anymore. We came to an agreement because the decision was already made. We agree and the game doesn't go on, or we disagree and the game STILL doesn't go on.

So K and the AD slept in their office? Surely they did because it was like a scene from the walking dead... The ACC policy states if both teams and the officials are present, they play. It's not like there wasn't fair warning of the worst storm in a decade, so why not plan ahead? Damn man didn't you go to the store and buy food?

Oh my God. Are you an idiot? Show me where it's on coach K. You heels fans have yet to do this. You will probably just fade into the wind like the others and then there will be another dumbass unc fan that will come in and say the same damn thing you just said. Please go away unless you can prove your point.

Of course they agreed on it. What were they supposed to do?

They were telling all of us that it was still on until Duke and Coach K decided they didn't want to come anymore. We came to an agreement because the decision was already made. We agree and the game doesn't go on, or we disagree and the game STILL doesn't go on.

Show me. You saying this BS is speculation!

Until you people can site a source your speculation has 0% credibility.

Show me. You saying this BS is speculation!

What am I meant to show you? The weather reports from the entire week and then the decision by K to leave Duke at 7:00? The fact that the Pitt women got here from Pittsburgh that same night? The fact that they were telling us it was still going to be played up until the report came that Duke no longer wanted to travel and that the ACC would need to approve of it before hand?

Find it yourself, it isn't hard to man. It was widely reported.

What am I meant to show you? The weather reports from the entire week and then the decision by K to leave Duke at 7:00? The fact that the Pitt women got here from Pittsburgh that same night? The fact that they were telling us it was still going to be played up until the report came that Duke no longer wanted to travel and that the ACC would need to approve of it before hand?

Find it yourself, it isn't hard to man. It was widely reported.

Or the fact that UNC invited Duke to come earlier and K said no? Or the fact that everyone else made it to the Dome?

The OBVIOUS information is all over the place but this guy cites a freaking reporter that is quoting Cunningham AFTER the decision was made to postpone and claiming he's got this strong proof that it was all the parties involved making the decision. What do you really expect Cunningham'sbpostion to be? This guy must be a huge Joe Person fan too. Then he calls everyone else an idiot or delusional but it's HIM who is refusing to put all the pieces together and admit how poorly this was handled by Duke.

First he accused me of saying Duke was scared. Once he realized I never said that he moved on to trying to prove the game was postponed before 6pm like I said it was. He proved me wrong with the same reporter's tweet saying the game was postponed at 5:44p....NOT 6p. Great job there...I was wrong. Then he jumps all over this "everyone made the decision" conclusion like it's the Zapruder film piece of evidence that proves Duke isn't at fault. He ignores all of the other info that has been mentioned...how fugging convienent. THEN, when I stop replying because he obviously doesn't have the ability to make a critical thought or inference, he uses the "another UNC fan pops up after one fades away". It's a joke with this guy and not worth your time. He refuses to look at the big picture or put the pieces together. Don't waste your time on him.

1 person likes this

Until you people can site a source your speculation has 0% credibility.

Until you can cite a source that isn't quoting Cunningham AFTER the decision was made then yours doesn't either.

Funny how you think you get to decide what is a credible source. It was all over Twitter that night by multiple news sources that K didn't want to travel and requested the postponement. UNC never stopped planning for the game to be played. You think because it's not written in a newspaper article that it's not the case? If that's so you need to stop believing everything you read or see on TV. The fact that your taking this stance like you've made such a strong argument is a joke and embarrassing.

Well, there's at least one dookie with an ounce of integrity and isn't living in a dookie fantasy world with dookie colored glasses:

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke-fan-seeking-827-refund-after-wednesday-s-cancellation/13396599/

“I don’t know really what to expect from the university, but I do want some recognition for the fans like myself that were betrayed by the lack of planning and effort,” Markham told WRAL on Friday. “It seems like they didn’t put forth lots of effort having hours and hours to prepare.”

“I know it is difficult to calculate anguish,” Markham said. “But I love Duke greatly and I felt betrayed. It’s not like this was a Duke-Vermont game.”

What's with the Vermont diss? What did Vermont ever do to him? I used to occassionaly hook up with a girl from Vermont when I was in college. She was really cool. And easy. Typical entitled dookie way of thinking - the world doesn't revolve around you, dookies.  

Well, there's at least one dookie with an ounce of integrity and isn't living in a dookie fantasy world with dookie colored glasses:

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke-fan-seeking-827-refund-after-wednesday-s-cancellation/13396599/

What's with the Vermont diss? What did Vermont ever do to him? I used to occassionaly hook up with a girl from Vermont when I was in college. She was really cool. And easy. Typical entitled dookie way of thinking - the world doesn't revolve around you, dookies.

But your mind does. All duke jealousy all the time.

Until you can cite a source that isn't quoting Cunningham AFTER the decision was made then yours doesn't either.

Funny how you think you get to decide what is a credible source. It was all over Twitter that night by multiple news sources that K didn't want to travel and requested the postponement. UNC never stopped planning for the game to be played. You think because it's not written in a newspaper article that it's not the case? If that's so you need to stop believing everything you read or see on TV. The fact that your taking this stance like you've made such a strong argument is a joke and embarrassing.

Dude I cited multiple writers for a reputable newspaper, the News and Observer, I cited Andy Katz that is the lead college basketball reporter for ESPN and you have yet to cite 1 source. Hell just give us one. You say it was all over twitter, then go back and cite them. This has become the most ridiculous argument because you aren't bringing anything to the table. Prove me wrong!

Dude I cited multiple writers for a reputable newspaper, the News and Observer, I cited Andy Katz that is the lead college basketball reporter for ESPN and you have yet to cite 1 source. Hell just give us one. You say it was all over twitter, then go back and cite them. This has become the most ridiculous argument because you aren't bringing anything to the table. Prove me wrong!

Maybe some people aren't big enough losers to try and win worthless arguments on a message board as you. #selfesteem