#16 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,839 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

Somehow haven't managed to find a ticket for this game yet. Seems like everyone and their mother are finding ways to nab a Duke ticket except me.

My hopes: It's rainy and snowy and icy, but they don't call the game off for some reason. Lots of people can't physically get to the game, officials allow a UNC student overload.

#17 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

Somehow haven't managed to find a ticket for this game yet. Seems like everyone and their mother are finding ways to nab a Duke ticket except me.

My hopes: It's rainy and snowy and icy, but they don't call the game off for some reason. Lots of people can't physically get to the game, officials allow a UNC student overload.

Yeah word is that they will let students in just to try and fill up the place. I think you are in a good spot and should not have any trouble getting in.

#18 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

Yeah word is that they will let students in just to try and fill up the place. I think you are in a good spot and should not have any trouble getting in.

They just gave away a bunch of "reserve" tickets to students. I'm gonna go an hour before and hope for the best. I'm pretty optimistic.

What we usually do for games where we get gypped into shitty seats is look on StubHub for unsold tickets and then snipe the good ones out to sit in.

Generally that wouldn't work for the Duke game, but the impending weather will hopefully leave a few seats on the market.

#19 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

They are not going to cancel the game tomorrow. How much snow did you get today? Man...chapel hill is going to be rocking tomorrow all fuging day. I remember in college when class got cancelled for hurricanes/snow...you just drink beers all day. I can't imagine drinking beers all day THEN going to one of the biggest games on the American sports calendar. I am legitimately jealous of you. Please drink some for me tomorrow.  

I hope your right. The energy of 25,000 drunken college students would be a tremendous boost to the home team. I'm not gonna bad mouth the older UNC fans and alumni...but the place needs to be loud, rowdy, and no butts in their seats. 

#20 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

They just gave away a bunch of "reserve" tickets to students. I'm gonna go an hour before and hope for the best. I'm pretty optimistic.

What we usually do for games where we get gypped into shitty seats is look on StubHub for unsold tickets and then snipe the good ones out to sit in.

Generally that wouldn't work for the Duke game, but the impending weather will hopefully leave a few seats on the market.

good luck. If what bigqueefdaddy said is true (and you sort of did confirm it) about opening the doors to the students...holy crap is that place gonna be rocking tomorrow.

You have potentially one of the best days of your college life ahead of you tomorrow. A lasting memory. One of the days you'll talk about 20 years from now. 

I don't remember a lot/everything from my college days, but the ones I do remember I remember for a special reason.  

#21 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

They are not going to cancel the game tomorrow. How much snow did you get today? Man...chapel hill is going to be rocking tomorrow all fuging day. I remember in college when class got cancelled for hurricanes/snow...you just drink beers all day. I can't imagine drinking beers all day THEN going to one of the biggest games on the American sports calendar. I am legitimately jealous of you. Please drink some for me tomorrow.  

I hope your right. The energy of 25,000 drunken college students would be a tremendous boost to the home team. I'm not gonna bad mouth the older UNC fans and alumni...but the place needs to be loud, rowdy, and no butts in their seats. 

good luck. If what bigqueefdaddy said is true (and you sort of did confirm it) about opening the doors to the students...holy crap is that place gonna be rocking tomorrow.

You have potentially one of the best days of your college life ahead of you tomorrow. A lasting memory. One of the days you'll talk about 20 years from now. 

I don't remember a lot/everything from my college days, but the ones I do remember I remember for a special reason.  

As of now, I still have 3 classes and an exam tomorrow. I'm optimistic that they could get cancelled though. And the plan is to get rowdy. All of this buildup is making me so hyped right now, I just sincerely hope that this works out the way it should. Just wish I was able to nab a student ticket to guarantee an in, but I'm still feeling somewhat optimistic. Wish me luck

#22 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

good luck. If what bigqueefdaddy said is true (and you sort of did confirm it) about opening the doors to the students...holy crap is that place gonna be rocking tomorrow.

Queef? Who even uses that word? Middle schoolers? Do you even use that in high school?

Why would you doubt anything I say? Was I right about PJ? You should never doubt me.

#23 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

jesus that would be awesome if they opened it to college students hell i might walk down there and try my old one card

#24 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

This will probably be the first college game this year I will watch all the way through, it's just been a rougher transition from football season than usual.

#25 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,126 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

I'm ready to start drinking. Thank God it's going to snow today so I have an excuse to not focus other than the game.

#26 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

We are going to get a lot of snow here in greensboro. I just hope it is not too bad in chapel hill because I want to watch this game.....Go Duke!!! lol

#27 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,396 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

Going to be pisssssssssed when my power goes out before tip-off tonight

#28 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

Way to jinx us bro. We double checked with this bar next to my house last night and they said they will be open regardless of the weather. So if my power goes out we are walking to the bar. I just absolutely hate watching games like this in a bar - especially when there's people who aren't pulling for the team u are.

#29 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

don't scare me like that bro

#30 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

I'm sure you've heard by now but go anyways without a ticket and wait standby they are letting students in. check inside carolina's twitter for confirmation 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com