• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

#191 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationCharlotte, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

I have proven to you that it wasn't just a decision by coach K to postpone the game. I know it's hard to accept since your whole argument has been based on how much of a bitch/coward coach K is.

I am still waiting on your "proof" this was all coach K and Duke. You just keep deflecting. BTW a blogger doesn't have to verify sources and can basically just give their opinion whereas a true writer for a paper has to verify sources and make sure what they are saying is accurate. Bloggers are just like people who post on forums.

You using a source who is merely repeating the verbiage that came after the decision doesn't "prove" anything and the fact that you're citing him to declare it the absolute truth is laughable.  My whole argument is not based on just who initiated the postponement (again, your reading comprehension is really bad), it's about how poorly this was handled by K and how obvious the simple adjustments were to make the game go as scheduled.  If Duke had made it to Chapel Hill earlier is there any question the game would have been played?  You tell me I'm deflecting but you've failed to address any of the ways this was handled poorly and how it could have been handled better.  Instead you're so focused on proving me wrong.  Get over it already.   

See you on the 20th

#192 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

I have proven to you that it wasn't just a decision by coach K to postpone the game. I know it's hard to accept since your whole argument has been based on how much of a bitch/coward coach K is.

I am still waiting on your "proof" this was all coach K and Duke. You just keep deflecting. BTW a blogger doesn't have to verify sources and can basically just give their opinion whereas a true writer for a paper has to verify sources and make sure what they are saying is accurate. Bloggers are just like people who post on forums.

Everybody EXCEPT THE DOOKIE BASKETBALL TEAM was in CH ready to play. The pussies and their pussy coach got scared and Coach Koward called the ACC and whined and whined until he got his way. It's no different than what he does during a game. Coach Koward is the smartest person in the room and what he says goes. The ACC then called Bubba and UNC and recommended they don't play and of course UNC is going to comply with what the ACC says. That's just what UNC needs is to draw more negative attention to it's athletic dept from the NCAA and ACC. 

You mentioned you were a bartender at All American Pub, so I can't really blame you for defending your team and not fully understanding how a REAL job works, but when your boss (in this case the ACC) recommends you do something you fuging do it even if you don't want to. I'm sure Bubba and UNC had some choice words and voiced their opinion, but in the end they are going to comply, especially when the ACC/NCAA has already given the dookies and Coach Koward the okay. 

Again, you dookies baiting roaring riot need to STFU. The shoe polished Ratface got his way! MOVE ON! It was a classless bitch move but it's done and over with. You better hope the players are more focused on their little gauntlet run coming up this week than you bozos are. 

Go Heels (and ECU)! 

#193 4Corners

4Corners

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

You using a source who is merely repeating the verbiage that came after the decision doesn't "prove" anything and the fact that you're citing him to declare it the absolute truth is laughable.  My whole argument is not based on just who initiated the postponement (again, your reading comprehension is really bad), it's about how poorly this was handled by K and how obvious the simple adjustments were to make the game go as scheduled.  If Duke had made it to Chapel Hill earlier is there any question the game would have been played?  You tell me I'm deflecting but you've failed to address any of the ways this was handled poorly and how it could have been handled better.  Instead you're so focused on proving me wrong.  Get over it already.   

See you on the 20th

Yeah like I said - of course UNC is going to comply with the ACC/NCAA. They probably put up a fight behind closed doors, but come on man they weren't going to win this battle. Why take Coach Koward's route and throw a hissie fit that would have been blown out of proportion by the national and local media. Just what UNC needs is more negative attention brought to the athletic dept.

This will never happen but UNC should make the 20th student night in the Smith Center. Open the doors - AGAIN.  

#194 4Corners

4Corners

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

Man....if only the people driving in the storm would have been following this ONE source you've cited then everything would have been ok.  

You do realize that there is a difference between discussing the cancellation and when the official announcement was made as to when it was postponed, right?  I could post articles all day that say the announcement didn't come until 6p.  What does it even matter if it was 4p, 544p, or 6p anyway?  You do realize that the ACC isn't going to place blame on one school or the other, right?  Do we really need to spell all that out for you or can you put together a critical thought on your own?  

You're going out of your way to try and prove me wrong about SOMETHING, but it doesn't change the fact that this was handled poorly and Coach K initiated the postponement.

here's one of the articles that says 6p was the official announcement.  How many more do you want me to post? http://www.usatoday....eather/5434559/http://www.usatoday....eather/5434559/

That is absolutely correct. There is no doubt in my mind that it was Coach Koward's idea to initiate postponement. Duke handled the weather and their preparations about as bad as they could have. I'd love to read/hear the amount of bullshit coming out of the dookies mouths if this exact thing would have happened with the guilty party being UNC. Oh man! We would have heard every insult in the book. 

Another thing, if the dookies would have been playing at Wake Forrest, Raliegh, or Greenville - the game would have been played. 

#195 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

Yeah like I said - of course UNC is going to comply with the ACC/NCAA. They probably put up a fight behind closed doors, but come on man they weren't going to win this battle. Why take Coach Koward's route and throw a hissie fit that would have been blown out of proportion by the national and local media. Just what UNC needs is more negative attention brought to the athletic dept.

This will never happen but UNC should make the 20th student night in the Smith Center. Open the doors - AGAIN.

That's a whole lot of "probably and I bet" in your last few posts. build a fuging court in the football stadium and bring out 40,000 students Duke is still gonna beat that ass. Im glad you and roaring know exactly how everything went down. K got on his bat phone or pulled some Jedi mind tricks and had everything shut down. Got it.

#196 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Everybody EXCEPT THE DOOKIE BASKETBALL TEAM was in CH ready to play. The pussies and their pussy coach got scared and Coach Koward called the ACC and whined and whined until he got his way. It's no different than what he does during a game. Coach Koward is the smartest person in the room and what he says goes. The ACC then called Bubba and UNC and recommended they don't play and of course UNC is going to comply with what the ACC says. That's just what UNC needs is to draw more negative attention to it's athletic dept from the NCAA and ACC.
You mentioned you were a bartender at All American Pub, so I can't really blame you for defending your team and not fully understanding how a REAL job works, but when your boss (in this case the ACC) recommends you do something you fuging do it even if you don't want to. I'm sure Bubba and UNC had some choice words and voiced their opinion, but in the end they are going to comply, especially when the ACC/NCAA has already given the dookies and Coach Koward the okay.

Again, you dookies baiting roaring riot need to STFU. The shoe polished Ratface got his way! MOVE ON! It was a classless bitch move but it's done and over with. You better hope the players are more focused on their little gauntlet run coming up this week than you bozos are.
Go Heels (and ECU)!

All American Pub? Riot knows I don't work at AA since he runs Cans next door. I told you I was retired and I offered to give you a job cleaning my house or mowing my lawn so you could make some money. You were short on cash and didn't want to make about rankings even after running your mouth like you were a big shot. I would meet you up at All American one night and we could discuss this further. I will even buy the beer.

#197 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationCharlotte, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

I would meet you up at All American one night and we could discuss this further. I will even buy the beer.

Deal....let's do it next Thursday.  I will even offer to dive everyone in case it snows.  I've had no problem getting around the past few days.  

#198 4Corners

4Corners

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

That's a whole lot of "probably and I bet" in your last few posts. build a fuging court in the football stadium and bring out 40,000 students Duke is still gonna beat that ass. Im glad you and roaring know exactly how everything went down. K got on his bat phone or pulled some Jedi mind tricks and had everything shut down. Got it.

You say you "got it" but I don't think that you do. K called the ACC and said they were not comfortable driving the treacherous 8 miles to Chapel Hill, even though everybody was there waiting on them. They did an extremely poor job of making adjustments with the weather (even though they've been aware for a week) and they were obviously not prepared to play the Tarheels. Again, the Pitt Panthers women's bball team made it to CH yesterday morning for their game against the Lady Heels. I would be extremely embarrassed if I were a duke fan. But I'm sure that "big duke fish eating the small UNC fish" emblem on your Hyundai looks really cool! WE LOVE YOU JABARI AND QUINTON COOK! GO DUKE! YEAH!!!! 

#199 4Corners

4Corners

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

Deal....let's do it next Thursday.  I will even offer to dive everyone in case it snows.  I've had no problem getting around the past few days.  

If it snows you know sure as hell the dookies aren't showing up!

#200 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

You using a source who is merely repeating the verbiage that came after the decision doesn't "prove" anything and the fact that you're citing him to declare it the absolute truth is laughable. My whole argument is not based on just who initiated the postponement (again, your reading comprehension is really bad), it's about how poorly this was handled by K and how obvious the simple adjustments were to make the game go as scheduled. If Duke had made it to Chapel Hill earlier is there any question the game would have been played? You tell me I'm deflecting but you've failed to address any of the ways this was handled poorly and how it could have been handled better. Instead you're so focused on proving me wrong. Get over it already.

See you on the 20th

No reason to go to CH early if you are discussing postponement of the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users