Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WR Free Agents.

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh, I'm aware.

I was the conductor on the "fire Hurney train" for a very long time.

Look at our offensive roster and see what Hurney drafted.  It's enough to make you physically ill.

I tried defending him up until a day when I decided to review something like the last five drafts at the time.

When I sat down and looked at those results, I just couldn't do it anymore.

Posted

I tried defending him up until a day when I decided to review something like the last five drafts at the time.

When I sat down and looked at those results, I just couldn't do it anymore.

You and Cyber....two guys who are pretty level headed....Cyber still defends him.  I couldn't understand it.

Linebackers and Runningbacks galore though....

Posted

You and Cyber....two guys who are pretty level headed....Cyber still defends him.  I couldn't understand it.

Linebackers and Runningbacks galore though....

A Super Bowl buys you a lot of cred...

In 03 and 05, it really looked like we were gonna be good.  Even in 08, up till the playoff disaster.

Looking back on it now, it's pretty clear Seifert left us in a good spot despite the final record.  high draft picks and some decent free agent pickups helped for a while.  That, plus as I recell our division was overall weaker back then. 

But what we had wasn't sustainable without good drafting and management.  It was only a matter of time before we fell to earth.  And when we did, ouch :(

It's almost surprising we had the success we did.

1 person likes this

Posted

A Super Bowl buys you a lot of cred...

In 03 and 05, it really looked like we were gonna be good.  Even in 08, up till the playoff disaster.

Looking back on it now, it's pretty clear Seifert left us in a good spot despite the final record.  high draft picks and some decent free agent pickups helped for a while.  That, plus as I recell our division was overall weaker back then. 

But what we had wasn't sustainable without good drafting and management.  It was only a matter of time before we fell to earth.  And when we did, ouch :(

It's almost surprising we had the success we did.

Seifert left us much better than what fans like to remember.

Either way, I hope that DG has a better eye for offensive talent, and understands the game well enough to get the right pieces.

Posted

You missed out these guys.

Emmanuel Sanders

Tiquan Underwood

Jericho Cotchery

James Jones

Mario Manningham

Jacoby Jones

Riley Cooper

Jerome Simpson

Andre Roberts

Dexter McCluster

Josh Morgan

I actually like the kid from the bucs Underwood big tall deep threat looked a nice player to me and would be cheap If Tampa don't bring him back, if be happy with him & McCluster plus a draft pick up at receiver, both cheap deals and McCluster is a good proven slot guy that people are talking about with drafting Brandon Cooks.

James Jones is a really good friend of mine. He and Ron Rivera have the same agent. He's a beast, and gets under utilized in Green Bay

Posted

Given his history, I'm not sure you can call Kenny Britt "low risk".

Low risk is, for me, meant to evaluate the amount of damage he could do to this team be it financially or otherwise , not himself. Sure he could go to Jail or get injured etc but that wouldn't really hurt as a team given that we wouldn't pay him a lot nor be content with just him as our WR future.

Posted

panthers and other teams normally carry 4-6 WRs, currently 3 are under contract. im about 99% sure the panthers will draft a WR, so that alone makes 4, which is the norm active on game day.

im also rather sure the panthers want to resign ginn, so thats 5. panthers are close to the cap given FAs and hardy. 

5 i believe is the number for this coming yr, since many already believe mike zordich will be on the 53. 

take all that in...... unless its a minimum deal, i see no reason to sign a WR (unless hicks takes FAAAR less + 3-5 contracts are reconstructed + hardy is gone)

Posted

I hope we take a look at jacoby ford. I have always liked him. not sure if he is a FA with the raiders or not, but I would love to bring him in for a look. 

Posted

We will have to upgrade the WR spot via the draft and not free agency.  The good news is that WR is probably the strongest position in this year's draft.

Posted

Did Decker play in the Super Bowl? Decker looks good because nobody game plans for him. he is the 4th option at best for Denver and is yet to prove in my opinion to be elite. so why pay him #1WR money in Carolina. 

I agree with your point about paying Decker big money, but I bristle every time I hear someone refer to Decker as Denver's fourth option. He was there second option, and the numbers bare that out. He is not number one material, but can be a very effective number two.

Posted

Jeremy Maclin Philly 6'0" 25.  Was solid as a #2 to D. Jackson.

I realize that it's arguable, but Jeremy Maclin was really coming on as the team's number one before his season got bankrupted. D-Jax  is really a one-tick pony, whereas Maclin is more versatile. Provided he is healthy, the Jets think that he can be a quality WR1. Likewise, they don't feel the same way about Decker. Moreover, the Eagles are rumored to be interested in Marquise Lee, whom people feel can be a WR1.

Posted

Depending on how it plays out I see us keeping LaFell or Hixon and signing one of these guys. I think Ginn will chase after some money if he can and we want pay his price.