Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WR Free Agents.

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Depending on how it plays out I see us keeping LaFell or Hixon and signing one of these guys. I think Ginn will chase after some money if he can and we want pay his price.

I don't see us not drafting at least 1 WR in the first two rounds. I highly doubt we keep LaFell or Hixon. Ginn ain't going nowhere, because he knows that he'll be a PR/KR only somewhere else. We gave him the chance at wideout that Miami and San Fran did not. I think it's very very likely that he stays even if he's offered more money to go somewhere else.

Posted

If we get a FA, I see Andre Roberts and Danario Alexander as guys we could look at.   

I remember when Alexander went undrafted and I wanted the Panthers to sign him bad. He has shown flashes every time he has been on the field, but injuries have probably ended his career. Hasn't he had like 7 surgeries his knees?

Posted

Jacoby Jones

Honestly,

This guy had less the 500 yds receiving.  In fact in his career he has never had over 600 yds receiving.

He is fast and can make a big play but I didn't include him in this list because he is in the same category as GINN.

Posted

I don't see us not drafting at least 1 WR in the first two rounds. I highly doubt we keep LaFell or Hixon. Ginn ain't going nowhere, because he knows that he'll be a PR/KR only somewhere else. We gave him the chance at wideout that Miami and San Fran did not. I think it's very very likely that he stays even if he's offered more money to go somewhere else.

I think in Ginn we have the example of the "having something to prove" scenario that some have said doesn't really exist.i think this was his last chance and he did a good job showing he was more than a return man.i was glad because I thought is was a waste to have him when all he could do was return kicks.He is not great and not a #1 but he does add a demension to the offense we didn't have.he can still be a contributor but we need to upgrade also.i would think we would get at least one in first 2 rds but no guarantee and still good WR prospects with 3rd rd grades and later.

Posted

2014 will be the year of the Bersin

Posted

2014 will be the year of the Bersin

I wish. I like him, good size, good hands but no speed.  Don't think he will be around after training camp next year.

Posted

I think in Ginn we have the example of the "having something to prove" scenario that some have said doesn't really exist.i think this was his last chance and he did a good job showing he was more than a return man.i was glad because I thought is was a waste to have him when all he could do was return kicks.He is not great and not a #1 but he does add a demension to the offense we didn't have.he can still be a contributor but we need to upgrade also.i would think we would get at least one in first 2 rds but no guarantee and still good WR prospects with 3rd rd grades and later.

I think Ginn IS our guy at #3 receiver (not #2 or #1) and KR and PR. We'll very likely draft one in the first two rounds, or if not we'll sign a FA and he'll step in at #2 or even #1 possibly. We'll see how it plays out.

Posted

I believe that Kenny Britt is probably the most talented receiver in free agency. If the kids is not such a knuckle head, he'd probably get top money.

If Gman can trust this kid enough, I'd love to bring him in. Britt is a baller.

Posted

I remember when Alexander went undrafted and I wanted the Panthers to sign him bad. He has shown flashes every time he has been on the field, but injuries have probably ended his career. Hasn't he had like 7 surgeries his knees?

Didn't realize that.  He may be made too much of glass and be done.  

As I mentioned before, there's a good chance we don't grab any of the FA WRs outside of our own in Ginn/Hixon 

The one I would actually trust the most as an upgrade who's done better every season: Golden Tate 

Him and Andre Roberts should be as much in the discussion as Maclin and Nicks.  

Posted

I agree with your point about paying Decker big money, but I bristle every time I hear someone refer to Decker as Denver's fourth option. He was there second option, and the numbers bare that out. He is not number one material, but can be a very effective number two.

WE have a #2 in the form of Ginn (hopefully if he resigns) anybody can look good catching balls from Payton especially when you don't have to gameplan for them example  Blair White, Austin Collie, Anthony Gonzalez, Jacob Tamme.  Decker could be a good#2WR who wants #1 $$$, but we don't need a #2wr right now when we don't have a #1wr anymore on the team (SS can't carry the #1WR load like he used to ) 

Posted

SIDNEYZ RIZE GUYZ! GAME COCKZ!!! NUMBER ONEZ!