Riley Cooper
Andre Roberts

#18 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

Jacoby Jones and Ted Ginn as duel deep threats? Imagine the planning teams would have to do for kickoffs if they were both back there returning kicks.

1380686999609.jpg

Holy poo.... KR/PR would be insane 

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,486 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

Britt would a interesting low risk high reward

Given his history, I'm not sure you can call Kenny Britt "low risk".

#20 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

Tate............easily, Seattle won't have enough cap to sign him back

other options macclin and britt

#21 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,973 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Honestly, we may not even grab a FA WR.  If we re-sign Ginn, the draft will predicate what we do and I see us double tapping on WRs.  Maybe not in the first two rounds but overall in the draft.

Smith

Draftee

Ginn

Draftee

McNutt

King

It may not look sexy but it's a big possibility.

If we get a FA, I see Andre Roberts and Danario Alexander as guys we could look at.   

#22 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,486 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

My preference has always been to address O-Line in free agency and receivers in the draft.

Free agent wide receivers have an unfortunate tendency to not live up to their contracts.

#23 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

Honestly, the thing that troubles me most about these decisions is that they assume Smitty will still be our number 1 WR. Smitty needs to be on the field, but as long as he's our main receiving threat the WR corps will not be as strong as it could be. In the past we used to talk about getting someone to complement Steve. This late in his career--if last year is any proof--we need to be talking about finding someone who can take over for him. And because none of the FA options represent a true #1 WR, especially at a price we can reasonably afford, I think the 1st round of the draft is going to be our best bet.

#24 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,861 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

Depending on the draft unfolds there is a large possibility that a first round caliber WR won't be there when we choose.   There are some WR in the Free Agent Market that intrigue me.

Eric Decker  Denver 6'3" 26 ... Big WR .... #1 Free Agent WR (According to NFL.com) Disappeared in super bowl.  Some say he was intimidated, others say outclassed as an athlete. 

A. Boldin SF 6'!' A bit older but tough as nails and would be a steal from NFC Rival.   But he is as old as Smitty 33  Not what we need, if you ask me.  I think we need a #1 threat to move Smitty into the slot.

Kenny Britt Tenn.  6'3" and only 25.  I know injuries have hurt is value but still young enough to make a huge different if healthy. This guy has some serious baggage.  Legal problems, head case.

Jeremy Maclin Philly 6'0" 25.  Was solid as a #2 to D. Jackson.  I like him.  So does the ER.

Hakeem Nicks NYG 6'1"  26 injuries has hurt him but probably would get a good discount for his hometown team.  Injury history, down year.  Gettlemen has the inisde scoop on this guy. If we were interested, he would have come here in the Beason trade.

Golden Tate Seattle 5'10" 25 what I like about Tate is every season he has improved.  Plus we could get the real reason Jimmy Clausen fell to us.  I think he is a good WR, but his production was lower than I thought it would be.  I think he will want good money.

Anyone of these guys would be an upgrade over LaFell.   I think of the 6. Decker is probably my favorite.  Only one that isn't either old or coming off injury minus Tate..   Whether DG would come off the money for him would be the big question.

I would love to see him become a Carolina Panther. 

Devil's advocate in bold above.  Sure, there are problems with every free agent, but the thing I cannot get out of my mind:  The draft is LOADED at WR. 

Maybe we draft a star and find a veteran.  I think they really like McNutt and King, so anyone not ready to compete for the #1 spot may be seen as a logjammer at the bottom of the roster.  I am very interested in seeing what, if anything, Gettlemen does at WR.

#25 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,058 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

Honestly, we may not even grab a FA WR. If we re-sign Ginn, the draft will predicate what we do and I see us double tapping on WRs. Maybe not in the first two rounds but overall in the draft.

Smith
Draftee
Ginn
Draftee
McNutt
King

It may not look sexy but it's a big possibility.

If we get a FA, I see Andre Roberts and Danario Alexander as guys we could look at.

I was really hoping to sign Danario Alexander too until I saw this a couple days ago... http://profootballta...n-injured-knee/

After having surgery last August to repair his ACL he had to have another surgery on the same ACL in January. He may not even be ready for the season this year.

I also think that if Ginn's asking price is too high, Gman might roll with King to take his place. But it's obvious Gettleman likes King and Mcnutt. So best case scenario at this point I believe is what you said, sign Ginn and draft two WR's.

Robinson in the first and Moncrief in the second please.

#26 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,861 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

Honestly, the thing that troubles me most about these decisions is that they assume Smitty will still be our number 1 WR. Smitty needs to be on the field, but as long as he's our main receiving threat the WR corps will not be as strong as it could be. In the past we used to talk about getting someone to complement Steve. This late in his career--if last year is any proof--we need to be talking about finding someone who can take over for him. And because none of the FA options represent a true #1 WR, especially at a price we can reasonably afford, I think the 1st round of the draft is going to be our best bet.

THANK YOU!  He should never have been a #1 WR, but to have been one for a decade?  Smitty would be a sure-fire hall of famer in a Wes Welker, slot role. 

I love his fire, his speed,and his leadership, but he should never have been a #1--never.  Hurney sucked--Lafell was the best WR he ever drafted--LAFELL!

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,486 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

THANK YOU!  He should never have been a #1 WR, but to have been one for a decade?  Smitty would be a sure-fire hall of famer in a Wes Welker, slot role. 

I love his fire, his speed,and his leadership, but he should never have been a #1--never.  Hurney sucked--Lafell was the best WR he ever drafted--LAFELL!

Receivers drafted by Marty Hurney...

- Walter Young - 7th round, 2003

- Keary Colbert - 2nd Round, 2004

- Drew Carter - 5th Round, 2004
- Dwayne Jarrett - 2nd Round, 2007

- Ryne Robinson - 4th Round, 2007

- Brandon LaFell - 3rd Round, 2010

- Armanti Edwards - 3rd Round, 2010

- David Gettis - 6th Round, 2010

- Kealoha Pilares - 5th Round, 2011

- Joe Adams - 4th Round, 2012 (I had completely forgotten about him)

I'm depressed now :(

#28 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,058 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

- Joe Adams - 4th Round, 2012 (I had completely forgotten about him)

A dam monkey spinning a wheel with names on it could have drafted a better bunch.

This list is a good enough reason to have fired the guy. Then there was the contracts... How he stay employed for so long is beyond me.

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,486 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

A dam monkey spinning a wheel with names on it could have drafted a better bunch.

This list is a good enough reason to have fired the guy. Then there was the contracts... How he stay employed for so long is beyond me.

Except that's not the full story.

I'm gathering the full story now.  I recommend you place any and all sharp objects out of reach before you read it.

#30 jptaylor84

jptaylor84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

- Joe Adams - 4th Round, 2012 (I had completely forgotten about him

In time let's hope were saying the complete opposite about gettleman, this will likely be his first attempt draft picking a wide receiver, the guy is smarter than Hurney, you always felt like Hurney reached for players and position, I never see Gman doing the same, as someone has pointed out the guy always picks BPA even if it means stacking up one position like he did at the giants.
In a nutshell gettleman is a better talent evaluater than Hurney because of his scouting background, we have probably one of the most knowledgable GMs or player evaluation in the league, that may sound abit full on but I believe so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.