Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Browns continue to be a dumpster fire (Banner and Lombardi fired)

85 posts in this topic

Posted

The problem with the Browns franchise is they are too impatient. Whether Chud was the right fit or not, they fired him after one season. That is not giving anyone a chance. I believe they have some bright spots on their roster but management needs to to stick with one coach, gm, etc for a few years and see if they can build a winner. Rome wasn't built in a day.

1 person likes this

Posted

Perusing PFT and saw the headline about Haslam being impatient.  Thought "wonder what that's about" but didn't read.

Scrolled down a little and saw something about Ray Farmer as GM, and went "huh"?

Kept scrolling till I saw the story about Lombardi and Banner being fired and said "you've gotta be freakin' kidding me" :blink:

Free agency is a month away, a month (a short month at that since it's February).  Heck, the Scouting Combine starts in less than two weeks.

Just hired a new coach.  Heck, I don't even know if they've filled out the whole coaching staff yet.

Good grief, what an utter mess.

I guess the only good news is that Farmer was already the assistant GM, so it's not like they're bringing in a total outsider... but the timing is still terrible. 

Posted

Why would you hire a coach then fire your GM weeks later? LOL Poor Browns fans

Posted

I guess the only good news is that Farmer was already the assistant GM, so it's not like they're bringing in a total outsider... but the timing is still terrible. 

Yep.  The timing is absolutely awful.

Now Ray Farmer (who, by all accounts is a good football guy) gets to be the one who calls free agents to say "Hey man, how'd you like to sign a contract with an organization that fired it's head coach and GM after just one year?  Oh, and also dumped their team president of 18 months on the same day?"

1 person likes this

Posted

Quote from Florio...

Over the last 18 months, Haslam has made four key hires in his two primary businesses.  And he has fired all four of them.  Does that say more about the men who were hired, or about the man who hired them?

(link)

Posted

Honestly who would want to go there?? They didn't give their coach a chance to turn the team around now they don't give the front office a chance either?

1 person likes this

Posted

Josh Gordon... come on down!

1 person likes this

Posted

Josh Gordon... come on down!

Probably not if Ray Farmer is truly in charge.

Now if Haslam decides to assert himself, who knows?

Posted

Perhaps Jerry should begin preemptively seeking a competent group/individual to take over after he passes.  Obviously having the money is only part of the requirement to run an NFL franchise properly.

e34ee463f73c1ebd80305b691343cdac72d3853d

Posted

Whats this? They wannt to trade joe haden for capt munnerlyn? Weird

1 person likes this

Posted

"Good businessman" definitely does not automatically equate to "good football guy".

You've got guys like Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones, Stephen Ross and now Jimmy Haslam (just to name a few) who prove that every day.

Posted

Haslam might as well get them out of that city and get a new name while they're at it.  

-Their name is the Browns

-They are based in fuggin Cleveland

-HC is a revolving door

-The FO is a revolving door

-The QB is a revolving door

The funny thing is they have about 4 or so extremely solid players in Gordon, Cameron, Haden, and Joe Thomas.  Not to mention Mingo had a strong rookie year and they have 2 first round picks.  If I were them, draft Bridgewater and assure yourself a great young QB then grab a huge ass lineman.