Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Greg Peshek: CB Metrics 2.0

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Mr. Peshek released his 2nd CB Metric article today, highlighting Kyle Fuller, Victor Hampton, Louchiez Purifoy, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, and Lamarcus Joyner.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46242/351/peshek-cb-metrics-20

A few notes and observations from his piece:

Kyle Fuller is awesome and he best succeeds in the intermediate zone where most NFL throws take place

- Fuller’s metrics here instantly stand out. His pass defense rate, where he gets his hands on one out of every 3 targets, is best for second in the two tiers behind only Jason Verrett. He was targeted more often than every other CB, but his leading burn rate of 24% more than makes up for it. With that stat, he edges out Darqueze Dennard for the least burned CB in this class.

Joyner is quite possibly another Honey Badger with his ability to line up anywhere across the formation as a slot CB or another safety

- Joyner’s array of targets makes a lot of sense for a slot type corner/ safety. He was challenged heavily on shorter patterns, while seeing deep throws less than average 17% of the time.

and SJB isn't all that good.

Have at it ladies and gentlemen. 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

This reinforces my strong preference for Fuller as our CB target in this draft. Hope we can snag him in the second.

Posted · Report post

My top list:

(1) Dennard
(2) Verrett / Joyner, but I would highly prefer him as a safety in the role of a Mathieu/Vaccaro.

Posted · Report post

1. Dennard

2. Fuller

3. Gilbert

Any one of these DBs would be great to me

Posted · Report post

Fuller in the second is my dream...

Go Hokies!

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yep. Like I've been saying for months now, Fuller is possibly the best CB in this draft and he fits our scheme perfectly.

Posted · Report post

so wish we could pick up Fuller in the 2nd, doubtful he'll be there but a man can dream I suppose.

Posted · Report post

Oh yeah, Fuller will go early in the second round. Hell, late in the first round is more sensible considering the football IQ, instincts, physicality and speed he brings to the table.

Posted · Report post

Go Hokies!

This.. Fuller is a baller with something that he can do better than any CB in this draft and it is tackle...

Posted · Report post

Good stuff. Alright, I admit I was wrong about Fuller.

These metrics are amazing. The 1st CB metrics are also worth a read. Gilbert got burnt a lot.

Posted · Report post

Go Hokies!

Was far and away VTs best defensive guy. Long for the days of Kam Chancellor and Brandon Flowers.

Posted · Report post

Man as a Tech fan I hope we get Fuller so bad. He was amazing this season. The defense was clearly worse when he was injured and couldn't play.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app