#1 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

...until his lawyer tells him to shut his trap, then posts his lawyer's phone number on the internet.

Incognito tells Martin "The truth will bury you"

Incognito continues his Twitter tirade

Incognito finally zips it

The hump day Twitter tirade from Dolphins guard Richie Incognito is intriguing, revealing, and ultimately troubling.

“It’s who he is,” one league source opined to PFT regarding the question of why Incognito would attack Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin and his agent, Kenny Zuckerman, on Twitter less than a month before Incognito becomes a free agent — and possibly only days before Ted Wells’ report is released.

Still, at a time when Incognito is complaining about Zuckerman revealing private information to the media, Incognito has made a private, sensitive disclosure of his own on Twitter.  “FACT: Jonathan Martin told me he thought about taking his own life in MAY 2013 b/c he wasn’t playing well,” Incognito said.  “Told me he felt worthless.”

Accurate or not, what purpose does it serve to make that disclosure public now, especially as the Ted Well report inches closer to publication?

Meanwhile, Incognito has offered an arguably sarcastic apology for the statements contained in the oft-raunchy text messages with Martin that Incognito’s camp apparently leaked last week.

“I apologize to all of the women out there that I offended with my text messages to my close personal friend,” Incognito said.

Incognito hasn’t publicly apologized for — or even mentioned — his golf-course behavior toward a female volunteer that reportedly resulted in a cash payment to settle her legal claims.

After a Wednesday afternoon Twitter tirade against Jonathan Martin and agent Kenny Zuckerman that culminated in Incognito claiming that Martin told Incognito in May 2013 that Martin was contemplating suicide because of his poor play, Incognito pulled the plug, saying, “I have no further comment at this time. Please contact my attorney Mark Schamel.”

Incognito then provided Schamel’s phone number.

The decision to publicly post Schamel’s number, which likely will be flooded with calls (we didn’t post it here for that very reason), suggests that Schamel told Richie to knock it off, Richie wasn’t happy with it, and so Richie opted to comply in aggressive passive-aggressive fashion.

As one league source told PFT on Wednesday afternoon, “[Richie] just wants to have his way.  This is his way of stomping and holding his breath.”

Good luck convincing teams that you're a stable personality, pal.

#2 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,811 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

Roid Rage meets social media.

#3 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

Oh snap!

#4 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

There's a bad combo :lol:

#5 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

Teammates-of-Richie-Incognito-come-to-hi

#6 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,555 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

Yeah...I couldn't care less about either of them.

#7 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

Yeah...I couldn't care less about either of them.

I "care" in the sense that this may be the weirdest story I've seen come out of the NFL in a long time.

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,555 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

I was going to call the Browns story the weirdest...but that's probably the norm for them.

#9 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,920 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

#10 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

and some want this guy in a panthers uni.

#11 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,468 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

we need him in carolina to bring some nastiness to our locker room am i right

#12 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

Aren't the official findings from the investigation supposed to be released soon? Can't happen quick enough.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

we need him in carolina to bring some nastiness to our locker room am i right

lol

#14 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

St Patty's Day!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationSeymour TN

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

Guy really can rant all he wants. Hope that he can never get a job. Due to that. As really bullies less of them, the world is better off!

#15 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,588 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

I understand why. If you read his final texts to Martin that were released he pleaded with him to come forward because the media were killing him an he may lose his job. Martin, on advice of counsel I'm sure, has kept quiet while Richie fries.

All I'm saying is I can understand where he's coming from if this guy you thought was a friend is keeping quiet while you are getting cast in a VERY unfavorable light. Especially in today's guilty until proven innocent society.

Granted I don't know the whole story, but based off the info I've seen I can understand, not condone, but understand the rage and where his frustration is coming from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.