Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Don't understand the franchise and trade Hardy talk

88 posts in this topic

Posted

would hardy agree to go to the raiders?

u not seen his twitter, hes all about dem benjamens

Posted

if they pay him.yeah.

i think he wants to get paid and to win. if it's not an ideal situation he's got no incentive to agree to it and we're stuck with his franchise tag in a year that we need as much cap space as possible.

Posted

please list the number of times it's been done in the past 5 years.

how about last 10 years.

i'll wait.

With out looking it up, Cassel and Allen.

Posted

u not seen his twitter, hes all about dem benjamens

he can afford to be choosy. tagging him with the expectation of trading him puts us at his mercy.

Posted

i think he wants to get paid and to win. if it's not an ideal situation he's got no incentive to agree to it and we're stuck with his franchise tag in a year that we need as much cap space as possible.

his incentive is a huge payday, that he worked his butt off to get. and if the panthers are stuck with the tag, you can still talk about a long term contract or just allow him to play on the tag and make another playoff push. 25 year old big dogs that rush the passer, do not walk away.

Posted

personally since this board is full of little more than Hardy talk...i will be glad to see him gtfo so we can go back to the usual irrelevent threads we are used to in the off season.

He is a beast, but seriously he wasnt all that (aside from 1 game where he racked up). I think many have such a hard on for him partly for his play, and partly also because he graced this board, and  has a what we might call "unique" personality (hes about crazy, and we like that)

#sickofhearingabouthardy

Posted

This is incorrect. The Panthers can't just work out a trade with, let's say the Raiders (always a fun example) and then say good luck Hardy and Oakland. Have fun trying to figure that contract out, it's not our problem anymore.

don't we work with them to get the numbers right, and they take on the contract? I was not aware that we were on the hook for any money this way. 

Posted

and.....?

i need to see more before i have any confidence in it happening or believing it to be a realistic option with any real liklihood of happening.

it could happen, its just not something i would count on or plan around. 

teams just don't do it. players now getting to agree to the location now makes it even less likely.

Posted

I feel like if it was such an easy thing to do and an obvious strategy, why wouldn't it happen on several teams every year?  Why can we only name two off the top of our heads?  

I wish/hope you guys are right and we get compensation for Hardy.  I just think he's a goner, personally.  

1 person likes this

Posted

so u think GMan is gonna let Hardy just walk, for nothing?

Posted

so u think GMan is gonna let Hardy just walk, for nothing?

I do.

Posted

One is a QB coming off a winning season, the other was regarded as one of, if not the best pass rushers in the game, heading to a team that thought that they were 1 pass rusher from the SB.

I don't realistically see how we get much more than a compensatory pick.

1 person likes this