Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Season, New Car Design, Same Crap

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The NASCAR Sprint Unlimited and guess what? The powers that be changed the rear spoiler to eliminate bump drafting, but all they can do is run single file. You decide to pull out, go to the bottom and try something- you're to the back of the line. No passing here.

Snooze..... a line of cars going in circles.... and a half empty Daytona grandstand.

Posted · Report post

Couldn't even make myself watch this evening.

Posted · Report post

When they did try to pull out and pass the aerodynamics got all kinds of messed up. Caused JJ's wreck and had some impact on "the big one" that took out about 9 cars.

Fan voting online to determine the format and lineup- wtf.

Posted · Report post

Because somehow Nascar thinks that speed it the draw rather than racing.  Speed is actually messing up things.  On the big tracks, they should go to smaller engines and take away all the aerodynamic crap, especially under the front end.  Then, with the cars running slower, you could see who the better drivers were.  I suspect Dale Jr would not be one of them.

People like Kezlowski, Kyle Bucsh, Gordon would be better I would think.

Posted · Report post

Well I watched a lot of it and it SUCKED! There's no racing in this sport anymore.

Posted · Report post

Guess I will watch the combine this weekend

Posted · Report post

When they did try to pull out and pass the aerodynamics got all kinds of messed up. Caused JJ's wreck and had some impact on "the big one" that took out about 9 cars.

Fan voting online to determine the format and lineup- wtf.

The big wreck was started by Kenseth trying to get down inside and clipping the 22s bumper, that was straight up matt's fault. Johnsons spin was weird tho.

Posted · Report post

Austin Dillon and the #3 car won the Daytona poll? What a surprise! 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yeah, Danica last year for major pub and now the #3 for major pub.

Just coincidence huh?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

poo is rigged.

I watched the last 10 drivers qualify. The little bar they use to show progress around the track was dead on accurate for 8 of the drivers & where they qualified.

Then when Truex Jr ran it showed him beating Dillon's time by -0.03, yet then when it flashed his "official time" it read +0.04.

Then when the chosen one Jimmie Johnson ran he was consistently mid 20s, even as he crossed the line, yet his "official time" bumped him into the top 15, and subsequently the duel races on Thursday.

Posted · Report post

Also, Dillon is the LeBron of racing. In a few years he'll realize he's in over his head & can't fill those shoes & he'll switch numbers just like LeBron did.