#46 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

Can we rename this thread to "ITT Watch some asshole make an asshole out of themselves"?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#47 Keep Steve

Keep Steve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

I said "trick everyone into thinking you're a moron". Translation = making us think that when really you aren't. Stop trying to bait me into an argument. Just read the article next time and save us all this trouble.

you're right. I think part of the problem is that I was reading and typing on my phone while on the interstate while dipping, eating and drinking coffee. Not to mention the fact that I am still drunk from last night.

#48 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,504 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

I miss the days of newspaper when you could line the bottom of the bird cage.

#49 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

thread title is prophetic

Indeed.

#50 updownsigma

updownsigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationDurham

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

Once again, sports media mixes up cause and effect. "The Panthers won because Newton matured." Not "Gee its easier to seem less miserable when your team is winning." Cam didn't have maturity issues in 2011 when he first joined the Panthers, and he hasn't magically matured since then. He's still essentially the same person. He did learn to lead a team this year, which I think is something very different, because I don't think winning and QB leadership automatically go together like ESPN likes to pretend they do. (Flacco and the Ravens or Sanchez when the Jets were good come to mind as examples of winning teams where the QB wasn't one of the main "team leaders.")

Similarly, it really is hilarious how the media has completely flipped perception of RG3, going from portraying him as a well spoken likable guy to a spoiled brat. I don't think he magically became a brat over 12 months; we just didn't see that side of him in 2012. If anything, his season should show that people don't change over the course of one season, only circumstances do.

That being said, can't wait Kaepernick to demand a $20M/year contract, put the 9ers in salary "kap" hell, lose all the talent around him, go 7-9, and have the media poo all over him when he inevitably acts like a douchebag in pressers!

Edit: when I say sports media, I'm not referring to the Deadspin article, if that wasn't clear.

#51 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

you're right. I think part of the problem is that I was reading and typing on my phone while on the interstate while dipping, eating and drinking coffee. Not to mention the fact that I am still drunk from last night.

driving while doing all this? 

you should stop.

you are a threat to humanity. 

not even kidding.

#52 Keep Steve

Keep Steve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

driving while doing all this?

you should stop. Joke relating to my reading comprehension or lack thereof.

you are a threat to humanity.

not even kidding.

Joke in response to my reading comprehension being questioned. I don't even use tobacco products.

#53 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Smelled the damage control from the topic list

#54 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,756 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

Even our players are sick of it, I was very glad to hear Greg Olsen's comments about the "maturity" narrative late last year.

#55 Keep Steve

Keep Steve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

Just to be clear I wasn't really doing this. I'm sorry to offend anyone. I didn't think anyone would think I was serious.

#56 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

if we are being honest. Cam is cocky, and there is not one fuging thing wrong with that in his chosen profession. it has made him the success he is today.

go behind closed doors and see how Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers act. They are the best of the best in the hardest sport in the world.

It is all a media game. It's not "maturation" it's just learning the media game. Cam figured that out, when before he could not give a fug. (which was refreshing to me tbh)

#57 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

I saw that one last night before bed, and it was interesting.  I think the way Manzel is treated will be an interesting reflection on racial expectations for QBs.  I do think that Cam benefits from his professional arrogance, just as ALL NFL pros should.  He wears it on his sleeve, which I think is a good thing for him and us as a team.  I disagree that taking away Cam's ability to run complete compromises his game.  Earlier in his career, absolutely, but towards the end of the season, I think we saw a much better pocket Cam than he'd been.  Or maybe it's just the rose colored glasses of perspective.

That being said, with the Well's Report and the Michael Sam story, things are going to change from a behavioral expectation for all players.  Does Cam bring out the worst in people?  Depends on your perspective.  Many of us have embraced Cam and all his Cam-ness.  Were some of us a little slow to accept Cam?  No doubt.  He's different from anyone else.  But would I trade him for anyone else?  Heck no.  He's our QB, and he's a Panther.  I love him for what he brings on the field and off, for good or for ill.

#58 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

I didn't even read the follow on articles because the first section about Cam Newton was such a hot pile of dung.

Dude, go take a break. You're not doing too well right now.

#59 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

I totally agree with the article it's pathetic the picture that the media tried to paint of Cam. Let's all be honest hear. When it comes down to it they were trying to make him look like a thug, or like Richard Sherman says the other word for N. 

Now of course we go 12-4 and the reason is because Cam talks better in post game interviews. Totally ignorant bullsht. Cam got better as a player but he wasn't dramatically better than he was last year. Cam was better at playing within the scheme. But yet again the reason were competitive in these games was because of Cam. Like it has been for the past 2 years. The difference is that our defense has become phenomenal. 

The day we win the Super Bowl I hope Cam let's loose and call the media out on all their BS. He can do it politely if he wants but they slandered the hell out him for 2 years straight and he's still being called "just another Vick". 

#60 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Did you see this?

Peyton didn't look too 'cerebral' in the SB. So, right now everybody's back in the fray in the cerebral contest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.