82 replies to this topic

#1 Jai

Jai

• ALL-PRO
  • 182 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

I made this topic to, for one, bring awareness to Meningitis.  My wife and I lost our 3 year old son to Bacterial Meningitis on Jan. 26, 2014.

My son, Tyson, was a previously healthy, energetic child, who touched the life's of the people he encountered.  On Dec. 30th, he was rushed to the ER with a temp of 106.4 and an altered mental state.  They took a urine specimen and ordered a chest x-ray.  In the Doctors notes, his remarks read, I "doubt" that the patient has meningitis or any invasive disease.  

Fast forward to Jan 17th.  I get a call from my wife saying that his temp was rising again.  I rush to him, and sure enough, he's quite warm.  We gave him motrin to see if it would bring down his temp, which it did.  I decided to bring him and his brother home with me for the weekend so that Mom could work and know they were safe.  

That Sunday, I rushed him to the ER because he was vomiting, not eating, and so lethargic.  They took blood, gave him an IV and diagnosed him with Gastroenteritis, and gave him a prescription for Zolfran.  For the next day and a half, I gave my son, 5 mL of Pedialite every two minutes to keep him hydrated.  Around 8 pm that evening, I noticed his face was turning dark.  Immediately called 911, in the ambulance, he had a tonic-clonic seizure, and from there, we never got the joy of seeing our son awake.  His body fought for 6 days, until finally, the good Lord called him to glory on Jan. 26.

I set up a donations page on FB, which you can see here :

https://www.facebook...405167273075273

His obituary is here :

http://www.legacy.co...s&pid=169402848

Please, read the page, like it, share it.  If you can and feel inclined to donate to his burial expenses, it will all be received as a blessing.

May God continue to bless us all.  "Weeping endures for a night, but Joy comes in the morning"

God bless.

Thank you Kurb for allowing me to post here.

*Edit*

Got a few request on how to donate, I realize everyone doesn't have FB, so i'll post the info here.

Donations can be made to :

Paypal - 704-780-7449

727 East Morehead Street
Charlotte, NC 28202

or

7707 Antique Circle 
Waxhaw, NC 28173

If it's cash, address it to Tyson Hughes Family.
If it's a check, address it to James Hughes, that way we can cash it.

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.
God bless

#2 WilmyWood

WilmyWood

• ALL-PRO
  • 350 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

Wow, dude.  I have a 3 year old son and I cant imagine the pain you are feeling right now.  My heart sunk when I read that first line.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

#3 Jai

Jai

• ALL-PRO
  • 182 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

I appreciate it, as a parent, stay vigilant and always remember that Doctors are human, don't be afraid to ask them to order tests or question them.

#4 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

Wow man I'm so sorry what a struggle. My best to your family. 

#5 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

:(

#6 Jai

Jai

• ALL-PRO
  • 182 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

I appreciate you 

#7 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. It's a sad reminder that we can lose the ones we love the most in an instant. So lets remember to tell the people you care the most about you love em today, you never know what tomorrow will bring.

#8 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

Wow! I send my condolences and prayers to you and your family during this rough stage. I am really at a loss of words, but I wil be praying for you buddy. He is the presence of the All Mighty who states "let the children come to me". Hang in there buddy

#9 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Prayers.

#10 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Terribly sorry to hear of your loss, dude.

There aren't even words for something like that.

Prayers from me.

#11 Jai

Jai

• ALL-PRO
  • 182 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

Psalms 16:5 - The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. I will bless the Lord , who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

#12 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,664 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

Can't imagine how hard that must be. Condolences.

A good friend of mine got meningitis while on a cruise for his honeymoon.  He was in a coma and they didn't expect him to survive. He ended up surviving somehow.  He was perfectly healthy prior to the cruise.  Definitely a scary topic that deserves awareness.

#13 Jai

Jai

• ALL-PRO
  • 182 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

Please do visit that donations page on FB, like it, share it, read it.  Every prayer, every well wish, every penny helps during this trying time.  As most of you can imagine, as a family, you don't save up to bury your children.

#14 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

Please do visit that donations page on FB, like it, share it, read it. Every prayer, every well wish, every penny helps during this trying time. As most of you can imagine, as a family, you don't save up to bury your children.

That's because nobody should ever have to bury their own child, whether they are 3 or 30.

Stay strong.

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

wow. i'm so sorry. my family will definitely be praying for and thinking about your family right now.

i am in awe of your perspective and strength and apparent peace. i hope you continue to be blessed with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com