Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Off Topic - Meningitis Awareness *PLEASE READ*

83 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Back when I was off on disability, I was misdiagnosed four times.

Doctors on TV have all the answers and can solve anything in an hour.  Real world doctors, good as some of them may be, not so much.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry. I have a 22 month old. I don't know what to say. God bless you, your son and your family.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

One thing I will say, all of the doctors at Levine's on the sixth floor PICU, they were fantastic, those doctors and nurses on that floor deal with sick children day in and day out.  They have to deliver sad news on a weekly basis.

They truly do the Lord's work, our particular staff were Angel's!

I typically don't like doctors or hospitals, especially after the Army and having crappy care, but the staff at Levine's deserves so much more, i'm incredibly grateful for every one of them.

Posted · Report post

To keep it football related, one of our last memories together was watch SF vs Carolina.  My son had no idea what was going on, but he sat there with me and watched like he knew everything that was happening.

Posted · Report post

God bless you and your family. I am so sorry for your indescribable loss. As a mom, I know that this is my greatest fear. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'll pin this for a couple days.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sorry to hear about your son. May he rest in peace.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

My condolences to you and your family. I am sending prayers your way.

If I were you I'd consider reaching out to the Panthers and see if they can do anything to raise awareness and maybe donate on your son's behalf.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

My condolences to you and your family. I am sending prayers your way.

If I were you I'd consider reaching out to the Panthers and see if they can do anything to raise awareness and maybe donate on your son's behalf.

About 10 mins ago, I sent Jerry Richardson an email, with the hopes of possibly doing an awareness type thing next season, or something to that nature.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Damn.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm very sorry for your loss.  I have a son who turns 2 next month.  I can't imagine the pain you're dealing with.  Your family will be in my prayers.

1 person likes this