• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beastson

Eagles might pursue Ginn

Wow!!!

The FA period starts BEFORE the draft. Most FA's are signed to fill spots....which allows you to draft BPA and for depth.

This is Football 101 dude.

How many teams are outhere actually signing guys? It's a process and not a very fast one,

With Maclin, you have to account for the fact that he's spent nearly his entire career in a West Coast type system.

How well does he do in a Coryell style attack like what we run?

I dont think I have ever heard of receivers being pigeon holed in terms of offensive style.

Wow!!!

The FA period starts BEFORE the draft.  Most FA's are signed to fill spots....which allows you to draft BPA and for depth.

This is Football 101 dude.

most FAs aren't signed before the draft.

quite a few are, but most sit and wait.

there are several waves of FA throughout the year.

many teams don't fill out their rosters with FAs prior to the draft. they might fill out a few spots, but when the choice is to pay a huge amount for this FA or get a cheaper option in the draft, they'll wait to see what they can get in the draft and then fill out as the (off)season goes on.

Ginn isn't likely to come back, his bidding will go over what the panthers can likely pay him. I don't think he'll turn down the chance for more money and to be featured more in an offense.

If we're smart we'll feature him in our offense...

All i've gotta say if you're concerned about return game, Kenyon Barner needs to do something on this roster.

I dont think I have ever heard of receivers being pigeon holed in terms of offensive style.

I don't think that Maclin has to play in a WCO, but it would certainly benefit him to do so.

As for pigeon holing, that is mostly for QB's, but I think that it affects WR's as well.

It's why I was jumping up and down to get Vincent Jackson in here.  He could have helped Cam get to a whole new level.