Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beastson

Eagles might pursue Ginn

57 posts in this topic

ahh yes, beat writers and fansided.com ... Adam Schefters go-to for insider information.

1 person likes this

Teddy approached the coaches mid season and personally thanked them for being the first people to give him a real chance. I think he's a Carolina player now. Hope so at least.

5 people like this

Would be cool.

We definitely know Mike Mitchell wants to stay here.

1 person likes this

unless we completely upgrade with two or three receivers through the draft and free agency i don't see any way ginn isn't back here. he excelled in our system and he and cam have chemistry.

2 people like this

Good as he was, I don't really think he had enough highlights to command a huge contract elsewhere, so why not re-sign here?

2 people like this

Ginns gonna sign here again.

1 person likes this

Ted Ginn is a mercenary. He's going to take the cash and he probably should. This doesn't seem to me like a guy that's interested in winning over money, so we'll probably have to make some changes. It could be a bigger loss than any of us anticipate if we can't keep him because his ability to open up field on deep routes and his value in the return game is immense. But we do have to get better at the position.

Is Captain the only source of that? I would bet that Gettleman has at least been in touch with guys' agents that he really wants to keep (most important ones), and Captain just may not be one of them. Maybe not, but the only source of no contact that I've seen is Captain, and I can't imagine he knows any more than just his situation.

From what I've read, Hardy hasn't been contacted either and I haven't read any reports that indicates any players other than Cam may be getting an extension or some type of signing. Of course this is just what I have access to from the World Wide Web. But I hope you're right...

Why would you resign a free agent before you go through the draft and see what comes our way ? To Gettleman this is a business and you leave all your options on the table until you have to make a decision. The players know this and Gettleman knows who wants to stay and who is important to the team. Everyone wondered why we drafted Keekly when we had Beason. Would you question that move today? We have to be patient and see what the Gman does. If Ginn wants to stay, I think we will him a fair offer. We were a good fit for him and he did a good job for us. I'd like to have him back, but I trust Gettleman.

Personally I think there's a much better chance of him re-signing here than not.

You could tell he really liked being a part of this team.