#31 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

ahh yes, beat writers and fansided.com ... Adam Schefters go-to for insider information.

#32 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

Teddy approached the coaches mid season and personally thanked them for being the first people to give him a real chance. I think he's a Carolina player now. Hope so at least.

#33 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,666 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

Would be cool.

We definitely know Mike Mitchell wants to stay here.

#34 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,826 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

unless we completely upgrade with two or three receivers through the draft and free agency i don't see any way ginn isn't back here. he excelled in our system and he and cam have chemistry.

#35 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,666 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

Good as he was, I don't really think he had enough highlights to command a huge contract elsewhere, so why not re-sign here?

#36 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,766 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:58 AM

Ginns gonna sign here again.

#37 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

Ted Ginn is a mercenary. He's going to take the cash and he probably should. This doesn't seem to me like a guy that's interested in winning over money, so we'll probably have to make some changes. It could be a bigger loss than any of us anticipate if we can't keep him because his ability to open up field on deep routes and his value in the return game is immense. But we do have to get better at the position.

#38 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,223 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

Is Captain the only source of that? I would bet that Gettleman has at least been in touch with guys' agents that he really wants to keep (most important ones), and Captain just may not be one of them. Maybe not, but the only source of no contact that I've seen is Captain, and I can't imagine he knows any more than just his situation.

From what I've read, Hardy hasn't been contacted either and I haven't read any reports that indicates any players other than Cam may be getting an extension or some type of signing. Of course this is just what I have access to from the World Wide Web. But I hope you're right...

#39 catnip

catnip

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

Why would you resign a free agent before you go through the draft and see what comes our way ? To Gettleman this is a business and you leave all your options on the table until you have to make a decision. The players know this and Gettleman knows who wants to stay and who is important to the team. Everyone wondered why we drafted Keekly when we had Beason. Would you question that move today? We have to be patient and see what the Gman does. If Ginn wants to stay, I think we will him a fair offer. We were a good fit for him and he did a good job for us. I'd like to have him back, but I trust Gettleman.

#40 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,443 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

Personally I think there's a much better chance of him re-signing here than not.

You could tell he really liked being a part of this team.

#41 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

http://fansided.com/...in-free-agency/

Read that Pats might look at Nicks too

I guess the pats are giving up on the "we can win without play makers" thing. I see Decker in their future though. They're out to prove something.

#42 jptaylor84

jptaylor84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

Player evaluation, waiting for the league to announce the total cap figure, combine and draft boards to draw up, why would Gettleman just go out and do all his business straight away when he's unprepared and probably awaiting other or better options down the line, ginn had a modest return game, never took one back to the house, with how bad our return game has been anyone could of made it look better it wasn't difficult, barner can fill that role as he needs to be further involved on special teams if we keep the same quota of RBs, people need to be patient and stop playing general manager, this ain't madden folks, Jesus some of you would have had hardy signed up, cam signed up and leave about a dime in the bank to sign another 20 players!

#43 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

I think Ginn should be a top priority. I don't think he will cost that much. Sure he is a mediocre WR. But the skills he does possess are what our offense and really the team needs. He is that occasional blazing fast go deep option. But more importantly Ginn is a great return man. Is that replaceable? Maybe, but at what cost? The Panthers have tried for years to get a decent return man. Now we have a great one. What he brings is field position and the occasional break out play. That can be all the difference between winning and losing.

I want us bring Ginn back, let LaFell walk. Draft a WR, then sign one in FA. That should be a good enough core for Cam to work with.

I would take Ginn back at the right price.  I think, however, he is going to have to shop around and return before agreeing on what we are offering.  (Munnerlyn, Edwards, for example).  I do not expect his salary demands to be reasonable at first. We will  see.

#44 thomas96

thomas96

DIZZY

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Why would you resign a free agent before you go through the draft and see what comes our way ? To Gettleman this is a business and you leave all your options on the table until you have to make a decision. The players know this and Gettleman knows who wants to stay and who is important to the team. Everyone wondered why we drafted Keekly when we had Beason. Would you question that move today? We have to be patient and see what the Gman does. If Ginn wants to stay, I think we will him a fair offer. We were a good fit for him and he did a good job for us. I'd like to have him back, but I trust Gettleman.

Well, maybe, I don't know, because if we don't resign a free agent before the draft another team will have likely already signed them.

#45 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,785 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Wow!!!

The FA period starts BEFORE the draft.  Most FA's are signed to fill spots....which allows you to draft BPA and for depth.

This is Football 101 dude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com