Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MichaelNewtonII

Ray Rice Arrested for Knocking out Fiancee

130 posts in this topic

I honestly think that word should be kept in check, much like the N word.  However, a quick google search for "Incognito thug" turned this up as the first result:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/richie-incognito-must-face-stern-nfl-response-for-intolerable-treatment-of-teammate/2013/11/04/8038a4a6-4581-11e3-b6f8-3782ff6cb769_story.html

Its not just applied to minorities.

http://trenoirmedia.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/thug-the-new-******/

http://www.theipinionsjournal.com/2014/01/thug-the-politically-correct-word-for-******/

Enlighten yourself friend.

That said, it just so happens that Sherman displayed real intelligence yesterday when he said the following about being called a thug for his postgame rant:

The only reason it bothers me is because it seems like it’s the accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays. -richard sherman

I don't think that makes him a "thug". I think it makes him a pos woman beater. "Thug" is much too nice of a name for this. That girl was out cold. As much as my wife can push my buttons I could never raise my hand to her. This dude need a nice comfy jail cell to sit in for a while.

He could still practice for the Ravens by running into the wall and falling down.

Dude got it right. If he punched ole girl he is a huge POS!!! Hopefully she has some brothers, I would tear his damn knees up so help me.

Somebody was saying in another thread how 'cracker' shouldn't bother anybody because it doesn't have the history behind it that 'n-----' does. Basically, not all racial slurs are created equal. Wouldn't 'thug' fall into that same category?

Btw, I don't think thug is a racial slur fwiw.

Somebody was saying in another thread how 'cracker' shouldn't bother anybody because it doesn't have the history behind it that 'n-----' does. Basically, not all racial slurs are created equal. Wouldn't 'thug' fall into that same category?

Btw, I don't think thug is a racial slur fwiw.

If you can see that the N word has racially charged motives behind it. Would it be a far fetched that the idea exists for a politically correct way to say it in code? Oh well we will just say he's a "thug". Which really you only apply to minorities not just black people in this day and age. Its not that hard to see really. The info is all around you.Just like when you talk about black coaches. Everyone refers to them as "class act" Tony Dungy Lovie Smith oh he's a class act. I don't think you ever refer to ron rivera or any other non-black person that way. Code words. You may not notice them  see things for they are because you may not be a miniority to notice the diffrence.

The thug thing is just a lazy label, I think many don't even truly understand the definition anyway.

1 person likes this

Tact, folks, tact. Don't just spout off whatever comes to your mind if you know others don't like it.

That being said, Rice and his fiancé sound like a real happy couple.

If you can see that the N word has racially charged motives behind it. Would it be a far fetched that the idea exists for a politically correct way to say it in code? Oh well we will just say he's a "thug". Which really you only apply to minorities not just black people in this day and age. Its not that hard to see really. The info is all around you.Just like when you talk about black coaches. Everyone refers to them as "class act" Tony Dungy Lovie Smith oh he's a class act. I don't think you ever refer to ron rivera or any other non-black person that way. Code words. You may not notice them see things for they are because you may not be a miniority to notice the diffrence.

A pc code word? You sound like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists. Was it a code word when Tupac had it tattooed across his stomach? It's used to describe a certain way of behaving because that is it's definition, never mind that 'thug life' has been glorified for decades by rappers and now you wanna get all offended by it's use? Is this another word that only black people and honorary black people can say? Lol, just ridiculous. Also, class act is used a lot to describe people of all races. Oh, but I must not be a minority because only white people can't see the encrypted media racism. Disgusting.

1 person likes this

Stay focused kids. A grown man knocked a woman out. OUT.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

3 people like this

Women can be just as physically and verbally abusive as men can. I imagine she was saying something of a Kevin Hart short reference, dumped a beer on his head.

"Responsible" men like to lump any incident involving a female and make physical contact I to "woman beater". People don't know the facts or what has happened. Maybe she punched him in the face or did something and he reacted.

Until I know that he sucker punched her because she said hello to the bell boy I will withhold my judgement.

He shoved her head through the wall.