• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#91 LxDunn

LxDunn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

Throw her in jail for a few months. She spit on his face. That's about the most degrading thing you can do besides taking a poo on someone.

I didn't know she spit in his face, that's the low as hell. I don't know what I've would've done, maybe shook the poo out of her or something. I got two daughters so I can't imagine some MF doing that to one of them while I'm still breathing, but they also know they can't go around thinking actions have no consequences either.

#92 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,608 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

If you can see that the N word has racially charged motives behind it. Would it be a far fetched that the idea exists for a politically correct way to say it in code? Oh well we will just say he's a "thug". Which really you only apply to minorities not just black people in this day and age. Its not that hard to see really. The info is all around you.Just like when you talk about black coaches. Everyone refers to them as "class act" Tony Dungy Lovie Smith oh he's a class act. I don't think you ever refer to ron rivera or any other non-black person that way. Code words. You may not notice them  see things for they are because you may not be a miniority to notice the diffrence.

I hear "class act" applied to everyone. Don't know what you're talking about there.

#93 LxDunn

LxDunn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

How come "thug" is never applied to white people when this kind of stuff happens? I've never seen incognito called a thug for the whole martin thing.

C'mon man really?

#94 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,436 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

Why are black people never called rednecks?

You must not be familiar with the company I keep.

#95 LxDunn

LxDunn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

You must not be familiar with the company I keep.

😂😂😂

#96 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,769 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

So much for her falling and hitting her head

http://profootballta...ng-out-fiancee/

#97 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,029 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

A pc code word? You sound like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists. Was it a code word when Tupac had it tattooed across his stomach? It's used to describe a certain way of behaving because that is it's definition, never mind that 'thug life' has been glorified for decades by rappers and now you wanna get all offended by it's use? Is this another word that only black people and honorary black people can say? Lol, just ridiculous. Also, class act is used a lot to describe people of all races. Oh, but I must not be a minority because only white people ca`n't see the encrypted media racism. Disgusting.

Well to answer your question words hold power depending on who's saying them. The N word was used to demoralize and put black people below and in there place. So to use this as an example,if i were to call you a lazy bum you wouldn't give a rat butt what i said. But say your mother called you that it would hold a much greater meaning. As for tupac he's not the king of black people and doesn't speak for all of us. I know me and the people i associate with we don't call each other thugs or whatever else.

#98 WilmyWood

WilmyWood

• ALL-PRO
  • 337 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

A pc code word? You sound like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists. Was it a code word when Tupac had it tattooed across his stomach? It's used to describe a certain way of behaving because that is it's definition, never mind that 'thug life' has been glorified for decades by rappers and now you wanna get all offended by it's use? Is this another word that only black people and honorary black people can say? Lol, just ridiculous. Also, class act is used a lot to describe people of all races. Oh, but I must not be a minority because only white people can't see the encrypted media racism. Disgusting.

Exactly. Definition:

a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer

Why did the association change? Things like E. 1999 Eternal and many others.

And this is coming from someone who grew up in Charlotte and went to Irwin Elementary, Piedmont Middle and West Charlotte, graduating in '92. My "crew" in high school actually made front page of the Charlotte Observer because of how diverse we were. I played ball with Junior Burrough, Jeff "Touche" McGinnis and witnessed Stackhouse single handedly demolish our team after those guys left.

Hell, I was even good friends with Chris Dixon...The teenager that made so much money from selling Coke that he came to school every day in Mink coats while driving a brand new Mercedes. He was a good guy though...bought his mom a brand new house and looked out for me because I was his "big white buddy".

Remember Alex Orange? He was a friend of mine. Google his name if you don't know.

I grew up in a family that tried very hard to distance themselves from the backwards thinking relatives that shunned one cousin for marrying a "black" and another cousin for being gay.

I am probably the least racist southerner on the planet because of that.

Yet I'm asked by micnificent28 to "enlighten myself". I don't know what it's like to be a minority in this country so I can't speak on your hardships. All I do know is that the N word and the word if the day, "thug", would be used a hell of a lot less if the words were used less by the people they are unfortunately associated with.

Rednecks call themselves rednecks, too. Not necessarily a positive thing, either.

#99 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,029 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

Exactly. Definition:

a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer

Why did the association change? Things like E. 1999 Eternal and many others.

And this is coming from someone who grew up in Charlotte and went to Irwin Elementary, Piedmont Middle and West Charlotte, graduating in '92. My "crew" in high school actually made front page of the Charlotte Observer because of how diverse we were. I played ball with Junior Burrough, Jeff "Touche" McGinnis and witnessed Stackhouse single handedly demolish our team after those guys left.

Hell, I was even good friends with Chris Dixon...The teenager that made so much money from selling Coke that he came to school every day in Mink coats while driving a brand new Mercedes. He was a good guy though...bought his mom a brand new house and looked out for me because I was his "big white buddy".

Remember Alex Orange? He was a friend of mine. Google his name if you don't know.

I grew up in a family that tried very hard to distance themselves from the backwards thinking relatives that shunned one cousin for marrying a "black" and another cousin for being gay.

I am probably the least racist southerner on the planet because of that.

Yet I'm asked by micnificent28 to "enlighten myself". I don't know what it's like to be a minority in this country so I can't speak on your hardships. All I do know is that the N word and the word if the day, "thug", would be used a hell of a lot less if the words were used less by the people they are unfortunately associated with.

Rednecks call themselves rednecks, too. Not necessarily a positive thing, either.

your never going to be able to control the use of certain words. The N word will be use be people of all colors behind closed doors and by people of color as a term of friendship. The power in those words comes from the person saying it i point out again. You can go home at night and say I love you honey to your wife when you go to bed and she would look at as a comforting soothing thing married people say. Now me a stranger said that to your wife it wouldn't sit to well with you or her so the power of the words depends on who's saying them. I could go up to a black friend of mine and say what's N word and he wouldn't care cause it would look rediculious to him like...dude your black too and laugh it off. Now if a person of another race comes to me that way it can be taken another way ment to demoralize and demean black people. The history behind the N word and what it was used for can't be compared to honkey redneck or whatever else racist term you can think of. No other race has been subdued and forced to literally be counted as some kind of animal piece of property by such word. Black people were given the worst part of the pig intestines because that was the part deemed unfit to eat. They took that and made it a positive and called them chitterlings and it became a positive to us a of badge of strength and willpower. The same concept applies to the N word or thug because those are the names that were given to us and we took those words and made them a strength to us. 

Now does that mean that you should go out and greet the next black person you say with those words? No because the true meaning and feelings they have are still negative and hurtful. This in a nutshell is the whole idea behind Thug and the N word my friend.But I don't want to just talk race all day because the thing we all are here for is panther news and updates. This guy isn't even on our team so I don't really care to try to defend him or his actions. So with that said back to the panthers draft talk for me.

#100 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,671 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:54 AM

BUT ... would you take him on the Panthers if he were cut? ;)

Did it really take seven pages to reach that question? Surely I missed it.

#101 updownsigma

updownsigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationDurham

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

Because compared to true athletic freaks he's not. He's not exactly running a 4.4 or making bone jaring hits on the regular. Nor does he shed block that well. Being smart and having a nose for the football is where he wins. Not saying he isn't an above average athlete but so is everyone else in the league.

I think Kuechly's athleticism really is underrated though....

Here's Vernon Davis's combine numbers (since he's roughly Kuechly's size):

6'3 254

40: 4.38 

Vertical: 42 inches

Broad Jump: 10'8 inches

Three Cone: 7 seconds

20 yard shuttle: 4.17

Here's Kuechly

6'3 242

40: 4.58

Vertical: 38 inches (!!)

Broad Jump: 10'3 inches

Three Cone: 6.92

20 yard shuttle: 4.22

Really 40 is the only thing Keek gives up a lot of ground to Davis in. If you go back and look at yearly combine results for LBs, he'd be near the top of every class. 4.4 speed for a LB is about as rare 4.2 speed for a WR.

I think he's just never called athletic he really doesn't look that athletic when he plays: 1. because he honestly isn't great in coverage and 2. what he does best (run defense) doesn't require blinding speed or athleticism. Actually, now that I think about it, I've almost never heard any MLB called athletic.

tl;dr people not calling Keek athletic is a MLB thing, not a race thing.

Sorry for thread derail; Ray Rice sucks, as does anyone who would hit a woman, doesn't matter if she provoked you or hit you first. Funny story but actually I got punch/slapped (hard enough that my lip bled) by a psycho ex gf at a party because she saw me kissing another girl. Somehow hitting her back never crossed my mind for a second...that's not a normal reaction to have to a girl hitting you, much less spitting on you. Rice is seriously a scumbag. 

#102 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:57 AM

Maybe they were playing the knockout game.

#103 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Oh really,We have a whole other thread on incognito and martin and i dare you to find one page where he is called a thug. Fact is it's only applied to minorities. Calling me a drama queen is just away for you to not address the issue and sweep it under the rug. And threatning to kill someone whole family is more than enuff to justify thug behavior.

These are a few top google search results for "incognito is a thug"

Washington Post ARTICLE - "The thug named Richie Incognito needs to be out of the NFL for a long time"

http://www.washingto...b769_story.html

Audio of former player calling him a thug  - http://theboxhouston...-a-hole-a-thug/

Comments section "Richie isn't a bully, he is either a homosexual or a common thug" - http://nypost.com/20...s-no-1-villain/

Comments - "Incognito a bully, a thug and a racist. Not a whole lot to like there. Ban him from the NFL for life "

http://flaglerlive.c...nito-hazing-sr/

There are MANY more references in the form of comments that go farther than my interest in pasting any more allows. Lets get off the racial high horse and admit that just because such comments were not made here ( or perhaps you missed them) does not mean they were not said. Seriously, the first line of the Washington Post article uttered what apparently has become a racial epithat.

#104 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,827 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

It's a bit disturbing to see people even slightly justifying hitting a woman. Bunch of bitches (the male version) popping around the internet (not just the huddle) these days.

Unless she is that fuging dinosaur from Jurassic Park with that venomous spit you shouldn't fuging punch her.

#105 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,827 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

After this you guys can go blame some rape victims.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com