Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official NFL Combine Thread

802 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

One of the QB's, even Carr, who has the strongest arm of them all, will be there for their second pick.

Watkins is a sure thing, especially across from Gordon, and their defense is already pretty good.

Remember, they had a QB that was doing great last season before a knee injury, so there is not that much pressure for a QB early

Posted · Report post

@MoveTheSticks McCarron- 6'3 1/4 220, Beckham-5'11 1/4 198, Landry- 5'11 1/2 204, Cooks- 5'9 3/4 189, Allen Robinson- 6'2 5/8 220

I was surprised when I saw Landry's height. I expected him to be taller. His stock just fell imo.

Posted · Report post

http://walterfootball.com/combine2014WR.php

Some of these guys are very small.

Again, I am reading that Jeff Janis can fly.  He is also a bit bigger than Allen Robinson, so I look forward to seeing if he would be a good pickup later

Posted · Report post

Manziel actually really helped himself with the measurements. He came in close to 6 foot tall at 5-11 3/4 and had the biggest hands of any of the QB's in this draft. 

Posted · Report post

Manziel actually really helped himself with the measurements. He came in close to 6 foot tall at 5-11 3/4 and had the biggest hands of any of the QB's in this draft. 

Mixed bag, big hands are great, but under 6' is alarming.

Most D's will do what we did to Kap the first time around and just try to keep him trapped in the pocket, and he is not good when that happens.  With no lanes, he normally runs to create lanes.  Keeping him bottled up will be the first thing they do.

Posted · Report post

I was surprised when I saw Landry's height. I expected him to be taller. His stock just fell imo.

I don't think so.

Posted · Report post

Manziel is going to be a stud regardless of measurable. Can't teach what that kid has. His last bowl game proved that to me

Posted · Report post

I don't think so.

$10 says he's not taken in the first. Game?

Posted · Report post

$10 says he's not taken in the first. Game?

he was never projected as a first round, in fact early projections had had him in 3rd.

Posted · Report post

he was never projected as a first round, in fact early projections had had him in 3rd.

I dunno man, I've seen a lot of mocks projecting for him to go at the end of the 1st. Would you put $10 on him going before Davante Adams? You liked quite a bit if memory serves.

Posted · Report post

I dunno man, I've seen a lot of mocks projecting for him to go at the end of the 1st. Would you put $10 on him going before Davante Adams? You liked quite a bit if memory serves.

Adams is ok but is not one of my faves.This draft is so deep at WR there are many good players to choose from. I would say it is going to be hard to determine who will go before whom. From early projections Adams was ahead of Landry but like I said anything could happen. Too close to call. The upside of all this is somebody has to fall and that is where hat value pick is gpoing to come.You have Watkins , Evans,  skip to Lee and Benjamin then you have everybody else.The "everybody else" are pretty much interchangeable.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments