#796 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,604 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

It's not just his measurables, he also got boxed out in jump ball situations. Roby's not an impossibility in the 1st. It's pretty hard to gauge just how big is 'big enough'. Verrett on the other hand...

he breaks on the ball so good, with no added missed steps. he would flourish in our scheme because of his play. he did get boxed out some( Wisconsin and Michigan Game) but the talent is there. size wise, compares to Revis.

#797 MV%doe

MV%doe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

the smart pros already have their minds almost or 90% made up, before the combine. the best part of the combine is not the numbers, but the face-to-face interviews. the only ones that caught my eye, was that OT form neveda, greg rob maybe special too, and i want to see the team interviews too

#798 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,417 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

I can't imagine Roby being there in the second when we pick but there is a poo ton of talent in this draft so guys will fall

I'm starting to think there might be a chance Benjamin is there at 28

I also think Roby is the 4th corner off the board. 1.Gilbert 2. Dennard 3. Fuller 4. Roby 5. Verrett Verrett may be the more complete corner of the two but I think Roby with the better size goes ahead of Verrett

#799 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

he breaks on the ball so good, with no added missed steps. he would flourish in our scheme because of his play. he did get boxed out some( Wisconsin and Michigan Game) but the talent is there. size wise, compares to Revis.

Yeah you guys are right. Roby's a beast. I've changed my mind, Gettleman would probably be happy with him. Heck, he'll probably be picked before 28.

#800 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,304 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Just to clarify, I'm only assuming that Fuller would be better in press because of his size. He gets beat deep, bro. I don't care what anyone says. If he can't play press-man then all he excels at is defending against short, separation routes.

So out of a handful of clips, you assume Fuller can only thrive in press coverage? Take it from someone who has watched ACC football all year (watched virtually every V-Tech, Miami, Boston College, North Carolina, etc game), Kyle doesn't get beat repeatedly over the top. As the numbers clearly indicate, Fuller locks down. Could his back-peddling and aggression hinder him at times? Yes, but he has excellent qualities to excel in zone.

For the love of god, we had Rhodes on our draft board last year and he was mediocre in zone at FSU. Hell, White himself played primarily press coverage in college and he's made the transition just fine. So even if Fuller struggles (which wasn't occasional whatsoever), his physical attributes and football IQ and instincts clearly make him an attractive option for zone and press coverage.

#801 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

I like Gaines as a late round guy

#802 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:20 AM

- Central Florida quarterback Blake Bortles is receiving high marks for his interviews at the combine.  Several people I spoke with feel that’s only going to get better during pro-day and individual workouts when teams have the opportunity to sit down and challenge him on the chalk board.  Remember, Bortles shouldered much of the decision making in the UCF offense.

- I’m told Texas A&M receiver Mike Evans is a real possibility for the New York Giants with the draft’s 12th selection if available.  The team is expected to lose veteran wide out Hakeen Nicks to free agency and there’s not much production on the depth chart after Victor Cruz and Rueben Randle.  I’m also told if one of the top offensive tackles (Greg Robinson or Taylor Lewan) happen to slip to the 12th pick the Giants would look in that direction.  Otherwise expect the team to initially look for guards in free agency.

- Staying on the free agency theme, I was told this evening its unlikely the Oakland Raiders strike a deal with running backDarren McFadden before the deadline.  That said, I was assured McFadden and the Raiders will continue to have a dialogue once free agency starts as the ball carrier speaks with different organizations.

-  I’m told Branden Albert may not be the only veteran offensive lineman out the door in Kansas City.  The way it looks now back-up Geoff Schwartz, who received heavy interest at the combine, will likely sign elsewhere.

http://www.draftinsi...et/blog/?p=9489

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com