• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

No more deal for me.

Play it out with who we have right now.

Make a run after Greg Monroe during the offseason.

If we're lucky, we get Marcus Smart with the Detroit pick. Then, take Glenn Robinson or Nick Stauskas with the Portland pick.

PG: Kemba Walker / Gary Neal
SG: Marcus Smart / Gerald Henderson
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist / Jeff Taylor / Glenn Robinson
PF: Greg Monroe / Josh McBob
C : Al Jefferson / Cody Zeller

With that roster McBob would not be kept over Biz.

Biz is a good defender, rebounder, & shot blocker. McBobs is not. His 3pt shooting is no longer needed with Walker, Smart, Neal, & Robinson.

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,103 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

With that roster McBob would not be kept over Biz.

Biz is a good defender, rebounder, & shot blocker. McBobs is not. His 3pt shooting is no longer needed with Walker, Smart, Neal, & Robinson.

I just forgot to add Biz name. Didnt mean to make it seem like we're cutting Biz.

#33 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

You got to look at this trade in a different light.

Sessions and Ridnour are washes in the trade.

The team basically traded Adrien (who wasn't really playing) for Neal. 

#34 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,624 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

At least they are trying to improve the team, we've done enough tanking in Charlotte.

#35 WOW!!

WOW!!

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Still want Jimmer

Still don't want Adam Morrison Jr.

#36 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Luke Ridnour (16 points, 5 assists, 1 rebound) vs. Oklahoma City (1/11/2014)

Gary Neal (23 points, 4 assists,1 rebound) vs. Cleveland (11/6/13)

#37 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

I'm gonna miss Sessions....guy could create at foul at will.  

#38 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,766 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

So any word if he will play Friday night?

#39 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,103 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

One more hour left. Maybe we could still make a move for Evan Turner with our 2nd rounder.

#40 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

Could be, but he actually played for the Bucks before so, I don't see how they'd forget.  We won that trade big time.

I don't know man.  Sessions was a team leader and can drive to the hoop at will.  I always thought Sessions could have improved his jump shot and his foul shooting, but he could really manage our up tempo offense, he's a good distributor, and he's a great finisher at the basket.

This makes me worry about team chemistry.  I'm not sure if these two new additions can just jump in and start pumping out production.

We'll see what happens, and how this changes around the roles of our other players namely McRoberts who's in essence a pf with sg wing responsibilities.  I think he might suffer from this trade.

#41 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

So any word if he will play Friday night?

Bonnell expects them to play Friday night. 

I don't know man.  Sessions was a team leader and can drive to the hoop at will.  I always thought Sessions could have improved his jump shot and his foul shooting, but he could really manage our up tempo offense, he's a good distributor, and he's a great finisher at the basket.

This makes me worry about team chemistry.  I'm not sure if these two new additions can just jump in and start pumping out production.

We'll see what happens, and how this changes around the roles of our other players namely McRoberts who's in essence a pf with sg wing responsibilities.  I think he might suffer from this trade.

If anything it helps McRoberts and increases his assist numbers and 3pt FG% because of the extra floor spacing. 

These guys are going to come in and contribute because of floor spacing, they are going to see some serious time with Jefferson on the floor. 

Kemba/Ridnour 

Neal

Tolliver

McRoberts

Jefferson

That lineup is going to be on the floor quite a bit and that's some serious floor spacing, that's like the Orlando Magic with Dwight Howard finals team floor spacing. 

#42 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,567 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

Ridenour gives the Hornets a true PG with a good shot off the bench.

Sessions would get to the foul line and was a good driver but Neal off the bench creates more balance on this team.

We have a ton of slashers in gerald n MKG which Sessions driving to the hoop nullifies.

Neal gives them a bench a guy that can put in 25-30 once in a while but probally a solid 8-12 points regularly.

#43 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Ridenour gives the Hornets a true PG with a good shot off the bench.

Sessions would get to the foul line and was a good driver but Neal off the bench creates more balance on this team.

We have a ton of slashers in gerald n MKG which Sessions driving to the hoop nullifies.

Neal gives them a bench a guy that can put in 25-30 once in a while but probally a solid 8-12 points regularly.

Honestly, if the floor spacing is what I think it will be. He'll be able to easily average 12-15 off the bench in 25 minutes a game. 

Neal is going to see a ton of time getting most of Sessions minutes. You'll see him on the floor with Kemba a bunch, the player this trade hurts the most is Henderson. 

#44 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

Bonnell expects them to play Friday night. 

If anything it helps McRoberts and increases his assist numbers and 3pt FG% because of the extra floor spacing. 

These guys are going to come in and contribute because of floor spacing, they are going to see some serious time with Jefferson on the floor. 

Kemba/Ridnour 

Neal

Tolliver

McRoberts

Jefferson

That lineup is going to be on the floor quite a bit and that's some serious floor spacing, that's like the Orlando Magic with Dwight Howard finals team floor spacing. 

I agree that spacing is a wonderful thing.  If you look at the Bobcat's strengths over this season it would be their turnover ratio, and assist per game and Sessions is a part of that.  That speaks to proper floor spacing.  My fear is that we might over load the perimeter with offensive players which would mean that teams could dedicate another defender to the outside. This would allow teams to help easier on Walker when he drives to the bucket.  Most of the time the defender that's going to help is going to be guarding Josh MC, they're not going to leave Neal open.  We're not going to win any games if we have to rely on McBob jumpers or drives to the hoop.  We're looking at only Al Jefferson being able to consistently score inside and we've just traded our 2nd best ball handler and driver to the basket. Ridnour or Pargo are not going to be able to penetrate the defenses to create the kick out pass like Sessions could or get to the charity stripe as easily.  

So what would we need to make this deal good for us?  Neal needs to be sneaky good at getting to the basket, or another low post threat that could delegate McBob to being a solid role player off the bench

I may be wrong....but the more people on the perimeter means the less space out there.

#45 Jai

Jai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

I like it, very under rated, yet solid move.  Ridnour being an expiring makes it that much sweeter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users