74 replies to this topic

#61 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

The biggest question mark for me is the locker room and chemistry. However, I'm looking at it from the perspective that if this doesn't work and Charlotte falls. They keep their pick and have three first round picks plus Neal when Sessions was going to be a fa. 

So at worst you're looking at the team missing the playoffs and having a team that looks like this next season.

Kemba, Smart, Pargo

Henderson, LaVine, Neal

MKG, Ejim,Tolliver

McRoberts, Zeller, Payne

Jefferson, Biz. 

Or any other crazy combination you can think of.. 

I know we're going to be alright for next year.  I just thought we had the best one two pg lineup in the league until this trade.  Thought that would be a good thing going into next year.  Sessions would have been a relatively cheap contract, and we've could have picked up Neal or a player like Neal next year.  I don't think what we gave up was worth what we've could have put in place next year with this trade.  Milwaukee obviously wanted Sessions back....and with good reason.  Guy is very underrated, and absolutely controls the tempo of a game.

My opinion could be wrong though....I haven't seen Neal play THAT much.  I know he's a great catch and shooter and can pull up on a dime.  

#62 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

Are we trying to lose now? Also what was the point of swapping expiring contracts unless the Bucks insisted we take Ridnour.

#63 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

Are we trying to lose now? Also what was the point of swapping expiring contracts unless the Bucks insisted we take Ridnour.

1. No, this fixes a weakness and is a low risk, low-medium reward trade. If Neal catches fire, it could be a huge reward.

2. I would probably say the Bobcats asked for him, so they would have a back up PG not named Pargo. 

#64 soldier22

soldier22

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

They didn't want to take on more money in the trade. Sessions was more expensive then Neal. Adding Ridnour offset the money they were taking on.

#65 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

This is a pretty sweet Ridnour pass. 

#66 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

I like this trade. Much better floor spacing to help balance out our team. 

#67 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

I wish they'd stop pretending that fans care more about the 16th seed in the playoffs and aiming for non-impact draft picks than getting a lottery pick in a great year to have a lottery pick. Great year to decide to be middling...this franchise is the poster child for poor timing.

#68 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

1. No, this fixes a weakness and is a low risk, low-medium reward trade. If Neal catches fire, it could be a huge reward.

2. I would probably say the Bobcats asked for him, so they would have a back up PG not named Pargo. 

Didn't he have locker room issuses with the Bucks?

#69 Omega Atrocity

Omega Atrocity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

I wish they'd stop pretending that fans care more about the 16th seed in the playoffs and aiming for non-impact draft picks than getting a lottery pick in a great year to have a lottery pick. Great year to decide to be middling...this franchise is the poster child for poor timing.

I would much rather see them win, or at least be competitive (seriously have any of you guys seen Milwaukee and Philly) than tank and use a draft pick on someone that isn't a sure thing. There is no guarantee Charlotte even gets a high pick, the lottery is pure luck.

#70 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

I would much rather see them win, or at least be competitive (seriously have any of you guys seen Milwaukee and Philly) than tank and use a draft pick on someone that isn't a sure thing. There is no guarantee Charlotte even gets a high pick, the lottery is pure luck.

On the flip side, Mil and Philly have a chance at getting a superstar for next year. Us, not so much...

#71 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

On the flip side, Mil and Philly have a chance at getting a POTENTIAL superstar for next year. Us, not so much...

with Gordon getting bought out/expiring- we have cap room to go after a decent FA pool.. and with a nice playoff run and the way Jefferson and Kemba have been playing- Charlotte becomes a team on the rise and an attractive place to play

http://hoopshype.com...agency_2014.htm

^^^List of 2014 free agents

#72 PantherKing1983

PantherKing1983

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

To me this free agency class is horrible. 

We need a scoring wing player and there is just not that many out there. 

Hayward would work for us but hes gonna cost   a lot and then you got a guy like Stephenson who I really like but I dont think he fits with MKG. Then you got turner and I really dont want to drop 10 million on him , 5 would be good but someones gonna pay him. 

Lots of guys out there that could be a fit for the bench but we need either a starting scoring SF or a better SG than Henderson to push this team forward. 

#73 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

stop looking for an allstar and look for an upgrade in talent- thats all we need

we need to drop the Ben Gordons and Haywoods and CDRs of the league and upgrade the bench. McBob could be upgraded

Lance, Bradley, Deng, Gortat, Granger, Blair, Blatche are all guys that won't get huge contracts [well Lance maybe] that we could use to add talent to a decent roster

#74 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,474 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

bobcats have like a week to get those guys acclimated to the team. dont play til friday

#75 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

bobcats have like a week to get those guys acclimated to the team. dont play til friday

I am ready to see what they can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users