Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KaseKlosed

Jesus and Religions Broken Down to Supreme Math & Photos

17 posts in this topic

One of the coolest myths to me about the Council of Nicaea was Arius... He was exiled afterwards for his beliefs that opposed Constantine's desire for Christianity to be...

Basically, he questioned how Jesus could be the son of God and the same entity as God at the same time. Pretty much that Jesus was God the lesser, not God the greater, arguing against the holy trinity being manifestations of the same being.

One day after his exile, he pretty much poo out his guts while strolling about town... like, literally poo his innards out of his asshole... intestines, etc...

His detractors, of course, attributed it to his heretical teachings...

Most likely, he was poisoned by someone who wanted to silence his opinions...

498387_600.jpg

1 person likes this

Yeah Trinity doctrine was not agreed on also many Christians believed the God of thr old Testament was a completely different god. Gnostic gospels are a fun read.

1 person likes this

Poohed out his intestines?! Wow the worst thing now is being dismissed in the Huddle and getting neg rep.

I am glad some of us have evolved...

the council of nicea part is a little hard to swallow

tons of evidence Christianity existed before 325 AD, so... can't really swallow this.

fwiw, I think a lot of the reasons you have overlap in ancient religions is not just the trading of ideas but the generally shared experiences of early human cultures.  things like flood myths make a lot more sense when you realize that most early civilizations were built on fuging flood plains.

Yeah, I feel rather foolish now.

Read the OP.

Accepted the information on faith without any effort to compare it to verifiable historic or scientific evidence.

Yeah, I feel rather foolish now.

Read the OP.

Accepted the information on faith without any effort to compare it to verifiable historic or scientific evidence.

you'd make a great fundamentalist christian!

2 people like this