41 replies to this topic

#31 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

The corruption and lack of integrity within our Fourth Estate should be an issue for every American. 

Lies and propaganda are a threat to all of us, as such, this issue should be nonpartisan.

We might not draw the same conclusions after being provided the facts, but  all Americans should demand truth from our news organizations.  Otherwise,  we stand little chance as voters of making sound decisions about our nation's future.

Fox "News" is simply the poster child for what Ailes this industry in general.

The onetime Nixon operative has created the most profitable propaganda machine in history. Inside America's Unfair and Imbalanced Network.

Read more: http://www.rollingst...5#ixzz2u5uGrRXU

I agree that the truth is needed, unfortunately, if the party in power directs what "truth" is, we will not get it, I am thinking.

Having a two party news system and finding the truth somewhere in between might be our best option at this point.

Shutting one side down and therefore controlling the message is dangerous to  me.

#32 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,293 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

I agree that the truth is needed, unfortunately, if the party in power directs what "truth" is, we will not get it, I am thinking.

Having a two party news system and finding the truth somewhere in between might be our best option at this point.

Shutting one side down and therefore controlling the message is dangerous to  me.

I'm not so much worried about the politicians, as I am the people who tell them when to jump and how high, big business.

That is why agencies like the SEC, FCC, FDA and EPA are no longer as effective at their jobs as they once were. Those agencies and others have been captured by the very industries they were tasked with regulating.

We used to count on the news media to uncover these sort of problems and advocate for reforms.  Unfortunately, starting in the 1980s, there was a big push for deregulation. Resulting in what we have today, a media oligopoly.

Critics of media deregulation and the resulting concentration of ownership fear that such trends will only continue to reduce the diversity of information provided, as well as to reduce the accountability of information providers to the public.

The ultimate consequence of consolidation, critics argue, is a poorly informed public, restricted to a reduced array of media options that offer only information that does not harm the media oligopoly's growing range of interests.[15]

For those critics, media deregulation is a dangerous trend, facilitating an increase in concentration of media ownership, and subsequently reducing the overall quality and diversity of information communicated through major media channels. Increased concentration of media ownership can lead to the censorship of a wide range of critical thought.

http://en.wikipedia....media_ownership

#33 Creepster

Creepster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNot telling

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

This isn't a big deal.  It's a study. And a completely voluntary study. This is the very definition of a non-story. Albeit one that the right wing can use to stir up the conspiracy theorists by manufacturing some absurd doomsday, Orwellian story out of it. So if you really want to talk about government coercion, think about how the Republican party is spinning you like a blindfolded kid trying to find a piƱata.

The government has no fuging business doing any of this " voluntary study" or 99% of the other poo they have their dirty ass fingers in.

#34 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

Yes our government shod not ever try to learn anything that might be beneficial to us

#35 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

If Fox news, MSNBC, etc are found to be faulty, corrupt, etc, then we can change the channel.  If government decides who is relevant and who is not.... then you have Venezuela.

#36 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

Yeah for like the 10th time here that's a nutjob delusion just like with every other Obamas gonna.... Thing that's been thrown out there.

I provided you the actual documentation but you would rather listen to the crazies that's your business.

#37 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:09 AM

Exactly how do you think this starts?

#38 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

Think what starts? Boring technical studies? I'd say with boring technical employees?

#39 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

Think what starts? Boring technical studies? I'd say with boring technical employees?

http://en.wikipedia....a_and_the_press

#40 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,902 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

Somebody is an Obama shill.....

#41 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

Yes I can tell I'm a shill when people start referencing Hugo Chavez to be able to tell me how much of a shill I am.

#42 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

You should educate yourself as to how totalitarian states come into being.  At the very least, how many government programs are dressed up as something non-nefarious to commit something atrocious.  There is a reason that freedom of speech topped the list of the Bill of Rights.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com