Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

it's going from 123 to 130

+4 increase??

What they are referring to is that most cap sites were already factoring a higher cap number around 126mil instead of the 123mil for last season.  That accounts for the 4mil increase people are going on about.

What he said.

Plus the $11 mil you used is already factoring the the cap at $130M

We have $17.8 Mil in dead money(highest in the league) counting against the cap this year. At least according to overthecap.com

#17 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,677 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

^^^ the cap number I used was factored with 123 million cap space, not 126, hence the added 7 million going to 130

#18 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

^^^ the cap number I used was factored with 123 million cap space, not 126, hence the added 7 million going to 130

I see what your saying I was just pointing out why someone would argue +4 instead of +7.  Couple threads going on right now about this and people are getting more and more confused.

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

GM ROCKnROLLA >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dave Gettleman

#20 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,686 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

According to overthecap.com we have $11,960,964 in cap space. This is after factoring rollover and the cap at $130M

#21 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,048 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

The NFLPA.com site has info from 2013 not 2014.  Look at the carry over and the cap and current contracts.  It reflects 65 contracts, 3.6 carryover ,etc.  That is last year's numbers not this year's numbers.

#22 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,677 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

I see what your saying I was just pointing out why someone would argue +4 instead of +7.  Couple threads going on right now about this and people are getting more and more confused.

they're both projections, an official cap number hasn't been set yet. the original 126 projection gave an extra +3 mil over last years 123 cap, the newest 130 projection gives an extra 7 mil

#23 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

There are a lot of different figures floating around concerning the Panthers cap space. I'm going by the NFLPA's public League Cap Report as the NFLPA actually has direct access to player contracts and in general I'm going to trust the NFLPA over some random website.

The NFLPA.com site has info from 2013 not 2014.  Look at the carry over and the cap and current contracts.  It reflects 65 contracts, 3.6 carryover ,etc.  That is last year's numbers not this year's numbers.

Uses 2013 numbers and wonders why there's confusion with the cap this time of year

#24 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,147 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

According to overthecap.com we have $11,960,964 in cap space. 

Is it? I can't tell. Did it increase recently due the the $130M rumor?

#25 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

Yeah it did. Both sites were sitting with the projected 126M number, now that it's said to be around 130, they put those numbers in. 11.9M cap is where we stand (this is roll over, dead money and new 130 ceiling already calculate in; for those who keep thinking numbers are being left out)

#26 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,686 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

Yeah. It was just over $8M before the projection. Now that is is raised to $130, it's now $11.9

#27 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,677 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

Overthecap and spotrac don't have direct access to contacts and are notorious for being wrong. Spotrac even says right on their site "Our numbers do not reflect the actual real-time cap numbers provided through the NFLPA, rather an estimation based on the team's current contracts.." which is why I was going by the official NFLPA site.

In any event this was just posted to list a few easy painless ways to add cap space, not argue over which random website might have the correct cap number when nothing official has been released. I'll edit the OP and let you guys argue over that amongst yourselves.

#28 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,007 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

Take out the 3 easy steps part....lol

#29 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

Overthecap and spotrac don't have direct access to contacts and notorious for being wrong. Spotrac even says right on their site "Our numbers do not reflect the actual real-time cap numbers provided through the NFLPA, rather an estimation based on the team's current contracts.." which is why I was going by the official NFLPA site.

In any event this was just posted to list a few easy painless ways to add cap space, not argue over which random website might have the correct cap number when nothing official has been released. I'll edit the OP and let you guys argue over that amongst yourselves.

No one's here to argue, it's an open discussion. Yes, NFLPA has the official numbers, but they haven't put up new numbers for 2014 yet. 

We all use the same numbers from the same 2 sites to discuss what moves could make us money (like you have in this post). Just don't use them as a source and talk about how wrong the sites can be at the same time. 

All of their math is clear at the bottom of the page. Cap Ceiling + carry over - top 51 contracts - dead money = Available cap. It's all there.

#30 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

Cooool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com