Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettlemen Combine interview

135 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Drafts deep no reason we can't get two OT and two WR! Just seen a quote gettleman said answer is on your roster, a guy like Brenton Bersin! I mean really? I hope that's a throwaway remark

I think people are reading way too far into his remarks. He reiterated his core philosophy, he didn't rule anything out.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You need to stop this chicken little sky is falling act. The WR class is so deep this year we are fine if we don't take one in the first. Calm down we are of course thinking about weapons

I don't care about first round or not, gettleman is open doesn't hide much but when asked about this one position he's just talks like we have five megatrons there, a few journalists are reading into his smitty comments also that he's part of the evaluation process, that's suprised many because he's prob the only lock at WR you would of thought next season, it's a position neglected for far to long, id sacrifice hardy for better weapons on offense and I agree we need big better bodies on the line, I have been watching bell the pat few seasons I know we need talent there.

Posted · Report post

Other favorite bits that I saw:

Gettleman said some colleges are throwing the "hoochie screen."

Gettleman: "If you always go for the immediate gratification, you'll get burned. You're looking for sustained success."

Gettleman paused for seven seconds while Jace Amaro's name was being read. This means... MY COLUMN:

Off podium, Gettleman: “our free agency is going to be the same as last year.” Means band-aids & one-year deals.

Gettleman says agents & players 'don't understand' that the money isn't there for teams to spend because of sluggish cap growth. #Panthers

Gettleman: Even if cap goes to $130M, doesn't mean Panthers will spend to the cap.

What is a Hootchie screen ?

Posted · Report post

Just about to ask that!

Posted · Report post

No it's a position probably in need of two OTs thinking longterm for sure whether gross comes back or not, but are we really not thinking seriously about weapons? Cam gona throw to Byron bell?

i dont really know the thought process but it sure sounds like he loves the linemen and that he either loves King or McNutt or both.  Probably hopes Ginn comes back and sign a guy like James Jones and we are in solid shape.  can only make one pick at a time, sounds like you want two at a time.

Posted · Report post

WTF is the hootchie screen?

Posted · Report post

i dont really know the thought process but it sure sounds like he loves the linemen and that he either loves King or McNutt or both. Probably hopes Ginn comes back and sign a guy like James Jones and we are in solid shape.

I do like mcnutt and king wel from glimpses I've seem and analysis by people on them, Gettleman did mention in a quote, guys on your roster and did mention 'Brenton Buckner' which obviously ment Bersin lol, id be happy with James Jones Smitty Olsen King Mcnutt and 1 draft pick a WR or TE

Posted · Report post

Gettlemism.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Big men win games, love hearing that

Posted · Report post

Boss Don Gettleman, he hasn't been the part of 4 Super Bowl rosters for no reason. The only question I have at Pick 28 who is BPA?

Posted · Report post

I love this man. I would have him over any other GM in the league.

1. The part I thought was the most interesting was his 'big men win games' comment. Listen closely, this guy wasn't just talking about lineman. I mean he used the Seattle secondary to prove his point, for crying out loud. Any skill position guy drafted early will be a big guy. Allen Robinson over Brandin Cooks, Kyle Fuller over Jason Verrett... you get the idea.

2. Hearing G-Men talk again reminded me just how much he believes in the BPA philosophy. He even said to 'keep your strengths strong'. Heck if Kony Ealy for example is clearly the best player to the FO and he falls to us, then that's the guy they'll pick, fans be damned. I mean the only position I'm sure we won't draft in the 1st is QB. Interesting.

3. "The answer's often on the roster". This guy just oozes composure. I'll be keeping an eye on these young guys for sho.

Posted · Report post

Boss Don Gettleman, he hasn't been the part of 4 Super Bowl rosters for no reason. The only question I have at Pick 28 who is BPA?

Probability and statistics when you're in the league as long as he has been chances are that might happen