Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettlemen Combine interview

135 posts in this topic

Posted

Jordan Gross spends his offseason in Idaho.  Like a boss.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kind of worries me how little attention WRs are getting from him, but it may just be the questions being asked.  Or...smokescreen. 

I guess we just have to hope the BPA when we pick is a WR..

Posted

Kind of worries me how little attention WRs are getting from him, but it may just be the questions being asked. Or...smokescreen.

Building from the inside out you watch

Posted

I guess we just have to hope the BPA when we pick is a WR..

Dave Gettleman said Panthers aren't going to 'panic' over the WR position. Believes in some of the younger players on the roster.

Posted

that has been successful in the past and I dont have a problem with it

Posted

Other favorite bits that I saw:

Gettleman said some colleges are throwing the "hoochie screen."

Gettleman: "If you always go for the immediate gratification, you'll get burned. You're looking for sustained success."

Gettleman paused for seven seconds while Jace Amaro's name was being read. This means... MY COLUMN:

Off podium, Gettleman: “our free agency is going to be the same as last year.” Means band-aids & one-year deals.

Gettleman says agents & players 'don't understand' that the money isn't there for teams to spend because of sluggish cap growth. #Panthers

Gettleman: Even if cap goes to $130M, doesn't mean Panthers will spend to the cap.

Posted

that has been successful in the past and I dont have a problem with it

No it's a position probably in need of two OTs thinking longterm for sure whether gross comes back or not, but are we really not thinking seriously about weapons? Cam gona throw to Byron bell?

Posted

Dave Gettleman said Panthers aren't going to 'panic' over the WR position. Believes in some of the younger players on the roster.

McNutty

Posted

No it's a position probably in need of two OTs thinking longterm for sure whether gross comes back or not, but are we really not thinking seriously about weapons? Cam gona throw to Byron bell?

He would be hard to miss

Posted

I agree with it, games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. Doesn't matter how many receivers you have if you're running for your life and there's no run game.

6 people like this

Posted

I agree with it, games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. Doesn't matter how many receivers you have if you're running for your life and there's no run game.

Drafts deep no reason we can't get two OT and two WR! Just seen a quote gettleman said answer is on your roster, a guy like Brenton Bersin! I mean really? I hope that's a throwaway remark

Posted

You need to stop this chicken little sky is falling act. The WR class is so deep this year we are fine if we don't take one in the first. Calm down we are of course thinking about weapons