Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackofalltrades

Gettlemen Combine interview

135 posts in this topic

i dont really know the thought process but it sure sounds like he loves the linemen and that he either loves King or McNutt or both. Probably hopes Ginn comes back and sign a guy like James Jones and we are in solid shape.

I do like mcnutt and king wel from glimpses I've seem and analysis by people on them, Gettleman did mention in a quote, guys on your roster and did mention 'Brenton Buckner' which obviously ment Bersin lol, id be happy with James Jones Smitty Olsen King Mcnutt and 1 draft pick a WR or TE

Boss Don Gettleman, he hasn't been the part of 4 Super Bowl rosters for no reason. The only question I have at Pick 28 who is BPA?

I love this man. I would have him over any other GM in the league.

1. The part I thought was the most interesting was his 'big men win games' comment. Listen closely, this guy wasn't just talking about lineman. I mean he used the Seattle secondary to prove his point, for crying out loud. Any skill position guy drafted early will be a big guy. Allen Robinson over Brandin Cooks, Kyle Fuller over Jason Verrett... you get the idea.

2. Hearing G-Men talk again reminded me just how much he believes in the BPA philosophy. He even said to 'keep your strengths strong'. Heck if Kony Ealy for example is clearly the best player to the FO and he falls to us, then that's the guy they'll pick, fans be damned. I mean the only position I'm sure we won't draft in the 1st is QB. Interesting.

3. "The answer's often on the roster". This guy just oozes composure. I'll be keeping an eye on these young guys for sho.

Boss Don Gettleman, he hasn't been the part of 4 Super Bowl rosters for no reason. The only question I have at Pick 28 who is BPA?

Probability and statistics when you're in the league as long as he has been chances are that might happen

And the answer is never on your fuging roster. Thinking it is, is the reason 12-4 teams go 7-9 the next year.

2 people like this

What is a Hootchie screen ?

Just about to ask that!

WTF is the hootchie screen?

Got me on that one too :unsure:

I guess we just have to hope the BPA when we pick is a WR..

i hope it is OL and DB. He did mention secondary and OL.which I was glad to hear. I have doubts he is all BPA but i do think his plan to fill needs in FA is solid plan.

It is kinda of interesting to say Steve Smith is part of the evaluation process. Makes me wonder if he is going to ask for a pay cut. I don't think you can cut Steve right? He has been the heart of the panthers for a long time. He is going to make roughly 7 mil in 2014 and 2015 and 9 mil in 2016. :/