#16 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:14 AM

If he runs a high 4.2 and looks good in drills, he'll sky rocket into the second round just on potential alone. 

#17 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,158 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

If he runs a high 4.2 and looks good in drills, he'll sky rocket into the second round just on potential alone. 

I don't know where this came from but Bryant ain't running no 4.2. I would probably look for 4.4 -4.5

#18 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:34 AM

I don't know where this came from but Bryant ain't running no 4.2. I would probably look for 4.4 -4.5

He ran under a 4.3 at Clemson last year and was one of the fastest players on the team up there with Watkins. He could easily run a 4.27/4.28. He's pretty comparable to Watkins speed wise and I'd honestly be shocked if he ran a 4.5. 

#19 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,158 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

He ran under a 4.3 at Clemson last year and was one of the fastest players on the team up there with Watkins. He could easily run a 4.27/4.28. He's pretty comparable to Watkins speed wise and I'd honestly be shocked if he ran a 4.5. 

we won't have to wait too long to find out.

#20 sazmo89

sazmo89

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:01 AM

Huge Clemson fan here. I'll reiterate other people's thoughts. Great size, elite speed, and good hands. He has been the fastest kid at Clemson(including Watkins) the past 3 years. My biggest issue is his production. He's played in a pass happy offense and had Watkins on the other side of him all year and still struggled to make plays. All last offseason we heard he was lights out in practice and was going to be a star this year but it just never came to fruition. I love him as an athlete but not as a football player. I think he really could've helped his stock by staying in school one more year. I'd be willing to spend a 4th/5th if our coaches think they can coach through his learning curve.

#21 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

we won't have to wait too long to find out.

Do you think Watkins is going to run a 4.5? The only reason I ask is because Bryant is just as fast if not faster then Watkins. 

#22 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,158 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

Do you think Watkins is going to run a 4.5? The only reason I ask is because Bryant is just as fast if not faster then Watkins. 

I think Watkins will run 4.3 - 4.4 range . I think he is faster than Bryant. The good thing is we do not have to wait long to find out.Watkins is quick off the bat, bryant a long strider who is fast on the top end.

#23 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

I think Watkins will run 4.3 - 4.4 range . I think he is faster than Bryant. The good thing is we do not have to wait long to find out.Watkins is quick off the bat, bryant a long strider who is fast on the top end.

Yes we will. I wish the NFL would use FAT and actually release the data. Most of these guys aren't this faSt. A NFL combine 4.28 is really a 4.49-4.51. I'll use an example that shows how bad the combine watches are in showing an actual time. They won't though because it would hurt the players feelings. lol. You add .21-.24 to every time you see to get a more accurate 40ty time. 

Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63 at the Combine, if you used correct timing his actual 40ty would be a 4.87.

#24 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,682 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

He came out a year too early imo.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't take a flier on him in the 4th/5th but it's hard to gauge his curve.  

#25 332nd

332nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Another guy you might want to watch is a small school guy named Jeff Janis.  Saginaw Valley State I think.  Pretty fast kid and also fairly tall.

Cool, thanks.

#26 332nd

332nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

Huge Clemson fan here. I'll reiterate other people's thoughts. Great size, elite speed, and good hands. He has been the fastest kid at Clemson(including Watkins) the past 3 years. My biggest issue is his production. He's played in a pass happy offense and had Watkins on the other side of him all year and still struggled to make plays. All last offseason we heard he was lights out in practice and was going to be a star this year but it just never came to fruition. I love him as an athlete but not as a football player. I think he really could've helped his stock by staying in school one more year. I'd be willing to spend a 4th/5th if our coaches think they can coach through his learning curve.

Yeah, I was looking over the youtube highlights last night & I noticed almost all of them have the same set of plays. Not unexpected for a college player (Jr at that) but as you said, with Watkins on the other side & people keying on him, it seems like Bryant should have some more looks. For example, on the 2-3 minute clips, Watkins has several "wow" plays that repeat, then several of the favorite plays of whomever uploaded the vid. Bryant just has the same plays.

ETA: As a side note, this coverage is officially the NF-manzieL Network...

#27 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,158 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, I was looking over the youtube highlights last night & I noticed almost all of them have the same set of plays. Not unexpected for a college player (Jr at that) but as you said, with Watkins on the other side & people keying on him, it seems like Bryant should have some more looks. For example, on the 2-3 minute clips, Watkins has several "wow" plays that repeat, then several of the favorite plays of whomever uploaded the vid. Bryant just has the same plays.

ETA: As a side note, this coverage is officially the NF-manzieL Network...

a good site to go to is Draftbreakdown.com     right now the have the combine numbers but with some effort you can get to their prospects list and they put up individual highlight videos for most of the players.most of the wR prospects have at least one video.

#28 332nd

332nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

a good site to go to is Draftbreakdown.com     right now the have the combine numbers but with some effort you can get to their prospects list and they put up individual highlight videos for most of the players.most of the wR prospects have at least one video.

Cool, thanks.

#29 Camsfanclub

Camsfanclub

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Even Sammy Watkins admitted his route running was shaky at best at Clemson, and this guy wasnt nearly as good as him.

#30 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,570 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

He drops..a LOOOT of passes.

He is like Tommy Streeter from Miami.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.