Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer

36 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't really wanna see Wolverine and Spider Man in the Avengers, but I do wanna see Marvel having full control.

Trailers for this make me think they're gonna have Harry Osborn be the first Green Goblin rather than his dad.  That would be some major screwing with comic history.

Posted

Bet money that they screw up the Hobgoblin background in a few more movies.

I've also heard rumors that the movie after this one, they are planning on Venom/Carnage. That'd be cool, but again, feels rushed.

Posted

Bet money that they screw up the Hobgoblin background in a few more movies.

I've also heard rumors that the movie after this one, they are planning on Venom/Carnage. That'd be cool, but again, feels rushed.

The Spider Man mythos has obvious 'franchise' potential.  Why rush it?

Hollywood has no patience.  Everything has to be "now now now".

Posted

Spider-Man and x men are half a billion box office draws. No way either sells to marvel. Fox has been killing these new x men movies though

Posted

It's just an overall bad movie. They try to fit way too many plot threads into the movie and that results in none of them becoming fully developed. The villains are pretty much all awful. Rhino is in the movie every bit of 5 minutes and when he's actually talking it's cringe worthy. It's some of the most over the top acting I've ever seen in a comic book movie. Dane Dehaan is actually really good as Harry Osbourne but after he turns into the Green Goblin things go down hill. Every actual Goblin scene there is is shown in the trailer so he becomes underutilized too.I never actually bought into him and Peter being best friends and the design of the Goblin itself is completely awful. Don't let anyone else fool you though, Harry Osbourne is the main villain of this movie. Now onto Electro,he was so bad that I can't even describe it. Yes, the actual visual effects of him were cool but the acting and writing off him was awful. He was cheesy and hammed it up the entire movie. Parts of Jamie Fox's performance really reminded me of the Joel Schumacker Batman movies.

The only saving grace the movie has are the fight scenes. Which are actually few and far between.  Besides that I couldn't recommend it at all.

Posted

That's one thing I'm pissed about. How was Harry COMPLETELY ignored in the first movie? Why didn't they at least sprinkle him in to build that relationship with Peter if they were going to reveal him as Greengoblin in this movie?

Really bums me out, because I particularly enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man (so much that I bought it on Blu-ray, and I rarely buy any movies).

1 person likes this

Posted

Sony cleary wants to copy the Marvel model of having a shared universe. The next film after this will reportedly be a sinister six film.

1 person likes this

Posted

Spiderman doesn't interest me too much for some reason.  Same with a lot of superhero flicks.  I like X-Men though.  

Posted

I was very excited about going to see this, to the point of going opening weekend. But CCS has introduced enough probable doubt that Im going to wait.. Too many movies have been sheer disappointments lately, seen the new Robocop? Pleh.... EvilDead reboot is the last I saw that I was excited for that did not disappoint....

Posted

I was very excited about going to see this, to the point of going opening weekend. But CCS has introduced enough probable doubt that Im going to wait.. Too many movies have been sheer disappointments lately, seen the new Robocop? Pleh.... EvilDead reboot is the last I saw that I was excited for that did not disappoint....

winter soldier was great

1 person likes this

Posted

I didn't see the last one and I heard it was mediocre. I won't be seeing this one either.

Spiderman has always been one of my favorites but I've never been impressed with the Sony franchises (outside the first installment). Outside The Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, I haven't even enjoyed these CBMs lately. Iron Man 3 was awful, Thor: The Dark World was bland, and The Avengers was meh. Oh well. Onto X-Men and hope it's a decent flick.

Posted

reading reviews about this are not positive, in fact I'm hearing that Sony is so hell bent on creating a "Spiderman universe" that this film more or less is a setup film

fug