#16 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Spider-Man and x men are half a billion box office draws. No way either sells to marvel. Fox has been killing these new x men movies though

#17 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

It's just an overall bad movie. They try to fit way too many plot threads into the movie and that results in none of them becoming fully developed. The villains are pretty much all awful. Rhino is in the movie every bit of 5 minutes and when he's actually talking it's cringe worthy. It's some of the most over the top acting I've ever seen in a comic book movie. Dane Dehaan is actually really good as Harry Osbourne but after he turns into the Green Goblin things go down hill. Every actual Goblin scene there is is shown in the trailer so he becomes underutilized too.I never actually bought into him and Peter being best friends and the design of the Goblin itself is completely awful. Don't let anyone else fool you though, Harry Osbourne is the main villain of this movie. Now onto Electro,he was so bad that I can't even describe it. Yes, the actual visual effects of him were cool but the acting and writing off him was awful. He was cheesy and hammed it up the entire movie. Parts of Jamie Fox's performance really reminded me of the Joel Schumacker Batman movies.

The only saving grace the movie has are the fight scenes. Which are actually few and far between.  Besides that I couldn't recommend it at all.

#18 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

That's one thing I'm pissed about. How was Harry COMPLETELY ignored in the first movie? Why didn't they at least sprinkle him in to build that relationship with Peter if they were going to reveal him as Greengoblin in this movie?

Really bums me out, because I particularly enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man (so much that I bought it on Blu-ray, and I rarely buy any movies).

#19 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Sony cleary wants to copy the Marvel model of having a shared universe. The next film after this will reportedly be a sinister six film.

#20 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,793 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

Spiderman doesn't interest me too much for some reason.  Same with a lot of superhero flicks.  I like X-Men though.  

#21 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,068 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

I was very excited about going to see this, to the point of going opening weekend. But CCS has introduced enough probable doubt that Im going to wait.. Too many movies have been sheer disappointments lately, seen the new Robocop? Pleh.... EvilDead reboot is the last I saw that I was excited for that did not disappoint....

#22 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

I was very excited about going to see this, to the point of going opening weekend. But CCS has introduced enough probable doubt that Im going to wait.. Too many movies have been sheer disappointments lately, seen the new Robocop? Pleh.... EvilDead reboot is the last I saw that I was excited for that did not disappoint....

winter soldier was great

#23 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,600 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

I didn't see the last one and I heard it was mediocre. I won't be seeing this one either.

Spiderman has always been one of my favorites but I've never been impressed with the Sony franchises (outside the first installment). Outside The Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, I haven't even enjoyed these CBMs lately. Iron Man 3 was awful, Thor: The Dark World was bland, and The Avengers was meh. Oh well. Onto X-Men and hope it's a decent flick.

#24 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

reading reviews about this are not positive, in fact I'm hearing that Sony is so hell bent on creating a "Spiderman universe" that this film more or less is a setup film

fug

#25 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

Just got back from seeing it. fug the reviewers. They have no idea what they are talking about. The movie was GREAT. I loved the first one, and this one is better by far. More humor (and MUCH better execution on the part of the writers as well as Andrew Garfield. He nails it), more awesome action (it's a Spidey movie, and you can tell he is much better than he was before. He moves better, fights better. It's just better), and more emotional. Part of that last part has to do with the events of the end of the last film, but it's great. The "last" scene of the story is emotional. I ALMOST teared up. Almost. But I didn't because I'm a fuging man. They don't introduce a lot of villains and throw them at you like I was lead to believe. Electro is the villain and it's perfectly clear. They just don't DROWN you in Spider-man v Electro from start to finish, because as much as Electro is the antagonist, the character development is front and center here and what drives this particular story (and the very last scenes drive that point home). Yes, like you see in the trailers, Rhino is there. Yes, Green Goblin is there. However, their roles are MUCH smaller than the trailers and review leads you to believe. The comparisons to Spider-Man 3 are unwarranted and the only reason people would complain about that is....well, I can't think of any reason.

SPOILERS IN THIS POST. I'll try to keep it minimal and just touch on the good and bad points, but there WILL be spoilers. You have been warned.

Seriously...spoilers. Coming up.

Screw it, I'll use tags. Gonna outline the basic idea of the movie. Basically, the story and how it moves along. Oh, and I spoil how it ends, so read at your own risk (I will include a warning at the point where you might want to stop reading if you don't want to know how it ends).

Spoiler

So, that's the basic idea of the movie. I left out poo on purpose. Go see the damn movie. It's worth the watch, and it was great to see in theaters (at least for me).

#26 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,819 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:53 AM

Seen it and it is worth the money.  Kept me entertained and didnt get boring.

#27 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:16 AM

I'm really surprised that I'm seemingly the only one who disliked this. Maybe I need to watch it again.

#28 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:31 AM

so I just saw it and thought it was awesome

I see why some people didn't like it, but I feel like if you are a spiderman fan (read: not hardcore) you will like it

that one scene though, right in the fuging feels

#29 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

Finally, finally, a decent Spiderman movie. After 5 tries they finally got it right.

It would have been even better with less Andrew Garfield stuttering through overly long scenes, but it was pretty great and the Spiderman scenes themselves were..... amazing.

No weird unncecessary brooding was probably the biggest plus.

#30 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

I just hope they build on this.

Whatever they do...don't rush this plot. You have a LOT of the rogues' gallery to get through. Don't think you have to have Sinister Six v Spider-Man right off the bat. Let that be the 4th or 5th movie. Let this next one be Vulture. Founding member of the Sinister Six, awesome potential in a movie. You could make it a pretty awesome thing.

As for the Peter Parker part, next movie COULD introduce Mary Jane, but it doesn't necessarily have to. Maybe tease it right at the end of the film. I also want to see a little more interplay with The Bugle and Jameson (cast him, at least, and give him just ONE good scene).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com