Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Olympic Semifinals: Team USA vs Team Canada

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, thats why it is such a big letdown. Four years is a long time to wait between games. It's like having to wait 4 years to draft Cam Newton after suffering through the 2010 season.

Posted

Oh well, they can enjoy a Canadian hockey team winning something once ever four years. The U.S. has been passing around the Stanley Cup more than Canada passed the puck to Crosby.

1 person likes this

Posted

Woooo!!!! What a game. Despite Kunitz and Carter's best efforts to blow it the defense and Pricey stepped up big time.

Crosby, Toews, Getzlaf and Perry are all going to have to step up Sunday.

Huge win yesterday and now today!

Posted

Go Sweden!

Posted

Oh well, they can enjoy a Canadian hockey team winning something once ever four years. The U.S. has been passing around the Stanley Cup more than Canada passed the puck to Crosby.

And it's Canadians passing the Cup around on those American teams.

1 person likes this

Posted

Go Finland!

?

Finland plays you guys.

Posted

?

Finland plays you guys.

Always get Sweden and Finland mixed up for some reason.

GO SWEDEN!

Posted

Always get Sweden and Finland mixed up for some reason.

GO SWEDEN!

LoL! there ya go!

Posted

And it's Canadians passing the Cup around on those American teams.

Some of them are Europeans too

Posted

Yeah, thats why it is such a big letdown. Four years is a long time to wait between games. It's like having to wait 4 years to draft Cam Newton after suffering through the 2010 season.

Yea I don't see a problem with taking a break in the middle of the season and have the best players from each country compete against each other. Don't have to call it the Olympics. Can call it something else like International Finals or something. Would be awesome if the NHL could do something like that.

Posted

It would be a somewhat meaningless game that players probably wouldn't risk injury to put forth a competitive effort.

Posted

Still pretty upset.

I skipped class and had some guys over to the dorm (one a hockey player on my schools team) and we watched the game only to be utterly disappointed.

Between Carey Price playing really well and the U.S. not sending guys to the nets to put home the rebounds; I don't think we would have scored even if we had played six periods of hockey.