177 replies to this topic

#106 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

This country is an effed up pile of dung. Too worried about stupid $hit like this. Pretty soon the NFL will be a game of touch football with a bunch of dudes wearing dresses. Let these guys play football and realize its an emotional game and cursing and name calling is just part of it.

What will those dresses look like?

#107 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Charles Johnson uploaded a video to IG of him fishing with his buddies & I heard nigga at least 6 times in 10 seconds.

It wasn't at his work place though.  If I used the N-word in my work place, I would be fired.  These guys get a 15 yard penalty.  I'm sorry but I'm not going to feel bad for the players in this case.

#108 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Yeah, people, the world is going to hell if you can't excercise your first amendment rights and call an other human a N*****.  Some of you are just idiots exposed by the anonymity of fake names and the internet. 

#109 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,813 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

well i can't imagine ever whining to a group of bikers about how white people can't say the n word so why would "cracker" even come up?

Well I can't imagine a sport that punishes a team for using the Spanish word for black.

#110 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,813 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

It wasn't at his work place though. If I used the N-word in my work place, I would be fired. These guys get a 15 yard penalty. I'm sorry but I'm not going to feel bad for the players in this case.

Ya and you would probably get fired for any racial slur.

#111 mc52beast

mc52beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

This is what happens when you sleep in the same bed with Big Brother... you create a PC monster.

#112 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,878 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Steelers taking the best approach.  Get rid of it in your own practices and environments and then you don't have to worry about it on Sundays

http://profootballta...ur-locker-room/

#113 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

Steelers taking the best approach. Get rid of it in your own practices and environments and then you don't have to worry about it on Sundays

http://profootballta...ur-locker-room/

I agree. If an organization has a problem with it's players language they should be able to handle the problem "in house".

As for the people comparing the language rules to their particular workplaces consider this; when you're at work you do not have to engage in intense physical aggression against your coworkers that could result in a career ending injury. I think making poor verbal decisions is understandable in this context.

I hate the N word when it's used in any negative way by ANYONE but we are well beyond our culture's event horizon for the word. You can't pretend it is not "there". Attempts to do so are exercises in pandering naiveity.

#114 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,408 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

As long as this includes all other slurs. I was called a "honkey" once...
disgusted-oh-god-why.jpg

I'm reporting this post for being too funny

#115 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Well I can't imagine a sport that punishes a team for using the Spanish word for black.

Apparently you can't speak spanish very well. At the the very least you can't spell it. The pronunciation sounds like "neh-gro" and it is an adjective not a noun.

I'm suprised you're not banned yet.

#116 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

As for the people comparing the language rules to their particular workplaces consider this; when you're at work you do not have to engage in intense physical aggression against your coworkers that could result in a career ending injury. I think making poor verbal decisions is understandable in this context.

No, but we do make decisions every day that affects the lives of many other people.  Because they are playing a sport does not mean they need to be able to use racial slurs in order to do their job.  

#117 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:49 AM

Racial slurs directed at other players in a hateful way "Fug you, you (Insert racial slur here)" should be meant with more than a flag. It should be grounds for an ejection/fine/suspension, only because we as human beings need to be beyond that by now.

Words of endearment used in context, such as "Good play my nigga" should be left alone by the National Football League. This is an overreach.

#118 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,878 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

So now referees are supposed to judge intent of the words use?

Goodbye football.  The game would become a boofest.

#119 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

The funny part is black people will get penalized most.

#120 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,813 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

Apparently you can't speak spanish very well. At the the very least you can't spell it. The pronunciation sounds like "neh-gro" and it is an adjective not a noun.

I'm suprised you're not banned yet.

That's how that slang word was born, but apparently your to ignorant to realise I was saying that. Its ok small minds worry about small things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com