Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raiders' LT, Veldheer, may become an option if Gross leaves

63 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

maybe brandon albert?

Posted · Report post

Albert is gonna cost an arm and a leg

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Were not gonna be spending big bucks in the free agent market until hurneys skid marks are wiped clean

Posted · Report post

The 6-feet-8, 322-pound Veldheer, the Raiders' third-round draft pick in 2010, is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent on March 11 and will cost some team a bunch of money if he hits free agency. I am not sure the Panthers would be able to afford him.

Posted · Report post

Albert is gonna cost an arm and a leg

I rather take Veldheer who is younger and could work out a deal with Oakland for a deal.

Posted · Report post

I understand that, but the team isn't going to have the money to pay a LT 8-10 million a season plus fill out the rest of the team.

Adding that for a Lt gives the Panthers like 12 million to replace 20 guys with a large amount of them being starters.

You do understand I just because a player makes 8 mil in a season it doesn't mean it's an 8 mil cap hit that season?

Posted · Report post

You do understand I just because a player makes 8 mil in a season it doesn't mean it's an 8 mil cap hit that season?

Don't you mean "averages" 8 mil per season?  If a player makes 8 mil per season in straight salary, he makes 8 mil per season, right?

Posted · Report post

Anthony Collins please and thank you.

Posted · Report post

The board wants a top end LT, that's going to cost upwards of 10 million a season in cap hit. Probably more likely around 10 million a season. A middle of the road LT is going to be getting around 6 million a season cap hit wise. 

Sure you could give them a large signing bonus, but that's just going to kill the team next season. 

The team can't really afford either one of those options with the way the team's cap is in 2014 and 2015. They'll have to rely on rookies to do the job.

Posted · Report post

The board wants a top end LT, that's going to cost upwards of 10 million a season in cap hit. Probably more likely around 10 million a season. A middle of the road LT is going to be getting around 6 million a season cap hit wise.

Sure you could give them a large signing bonus, but that's just going to kill the team next season.

The team can't really afford either one of those options with the way the team's cap is in 2014 and 2015. They'll have to rely on rookies to do the job.

The cap is expected to increase at this rate for the next several seasons we also have a ton of dead money coming off the books..

Posted · Report post

If your going to spend money in FA it should be at LT. How much will it cost us if Cam Breaks his leg, Arm, or tears a ligament running for his life next year? People like you really forget how good Gross was even in his twilight years.

Posted · Report post

If your going to spend money in FA it should be at LT. How much will it cost us if Cam Breaks his leg, Arm, or tears a ligament running for his life next year? People like you really forget how good Gross was even in his twilight years.

I didn't forget, I think Gross was a top 5 LT for the majority of his career. Last season he was probably a top 3 LT, arguably better. If they can free up the money, I have no doubt they go after at least a mid level young LT free agent option. I just don't think the money's there to target much more then that and it's going to be hard to clear the cap room in the next two seasons to sign a high level free agent. 

1 person likes this