182 replies to this topic

#76 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

BTW this is the second year in a row one of our players who happened to be one of the best at their positions decided to hang up the cleats, while we have players like Godfrey and Williams who are never going to be outstanding but insist on returning every year to underachieve/get hurt

The panthers are like the bad luck Brian of the nfl

#77 Kuechly59

Kuechly59

Bow before GETTLEMAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

Gross prolly just fuged this season hope gettleman can find us a servicable tackle this blows

Relax there are plenty of options...

#78 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,630 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

if smitty retires or gets cut. this offense is going to need a lot of work than it already does.

we are going to see a LOT of new faces on the O next year. Hopefully Gettleman has a plan because this could get ugly fast.

#79 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,344 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

Have a feeling something will happen regarding Smitty and Olsen... these 2 make close to $30m and neither restructure or took a pay cut...

these two players were pretty much the panther passing offense i just cant see them letting either one of them go with out a replacement. 

#80 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

I IZ The Sad

#81 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,205 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

I got three words for you

Just slide Kugbila over.

#82 Semaj

Semaj

The Cam to Kelvin Show

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

Dg is going to get a LT from the free agent market or trade. I don't see him starting a rookie at such a important position to start the year. We could do what Jax did last year with Joekel, draft a tackle and start him on the right side and then move him to the left side mid season. Hopefully without the acl that poor guy got the next week. Dg will get this figured out . It might not be our strongest position at the start of the year but it won't be the worst in the league . Just watch Gettlemagic operate :-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#83 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

I think I may cry.

#84 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

Well, Gross's must really be feeling it in his body and not enough motivation in his mind, etc.  Otherwise you would think he would want to be back for at least one more year and see if he can be part of another playoff game and Superbowl.  Sometimes these guys just know when its time. 

#85 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

I would freak if it didn't seem like Gettleman was restructuring contracts to give us enough cap to bring players in....oh wait he already is. People need to step away from the cliff until we see how our GM addresses it. Gettleman is a planner so I doubt this is a shock to him. It shouldn't be to us either, we all knew it was a possibility. I think we will sign a FA and take a tackle in the top 3 rounds.

The biggest affect may be on Hardy's contract. I have to think Gettleman will see a starting LT as a bigger priority than a DE. This may have been what he was waiting to hear before tagging Hardy or making him/Captain/Mitchell contract offers. Gross wasn't going to play for free next year so either way we were allocating a chunk of cap toward a LT.

#86 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,999 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

I wonder how most of you would feel if Kalil announced he was retiring?

Seriously, Jordan has always said he wants to be apart of the organization after retiring. Any word on that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#87 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

Michael oher?

#88 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Cam doesn't deserve this poo man. He really doesn't

#89 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Gross prolly just fuged this season hope gettleman can find us a servicable tackle this blows

It was clear when Gross restructured last offseason he was most likely done.....

This isn't curve ball to deal with

#90 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Well, like I said in the other thread, the positives here is that Gross is healthy and happy, it's better to have happened now than a draft year where OT talent is shallow and he's one less expensive FA we have to worry about.

good perspective. it's never ideal to lose a cornerstone of your team like that, but if it's going to happen this year is about as good a year as it could be.

still sucks, but we'll be ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com