Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Favorite Player After The Combine

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I won't pick one, you can't make me. To answer the question, the combine reaffirmed my love for the following guys....

OBJ
Cooks
McGill
Roby
J. James
Lee
Gilbert
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

To the people talking about reps on the bench press, Clowney had massively long arms. Shorter arms are better for the bench press.

Sent from my XT1060 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I've been impressed with Clowney too, but I'll be honest and say his 21 reps on the bench are not impressive for a position where strength is key.... his speed makes up for it some I'm sure, but 21 reps at 266 lbs is not very good.

I don't think that's a big concern. He's got really long arms which make it a lot harder to get more reps.

Posted · Report post

I don't think that's a big concern. He's got really long arms which make it a lot harder to get more reps.

Fair point... Still would've liked to see more.

Posted · Report post

Howard Jones from Shepherd. 

Posted · Report post

Robinsons straight line speed was not that impressive, but he did pretty well in some of the drills.   It would certainly be a great pickup in the 3rd if he was there.

Remember, not many guys run straight lines in the NFL on Sundays

I agree.

I just thought that Robinson came in and performed exactly how I thought he would. It's not going to hurt him, but it wont help him either. I believe that he's more a 3rd round talent than 1st or 2nd. But, all it takes is for one team to like him.

Posted · Report post

Same as before the Combine.

Brandin Cooks.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

However, with gross out of the picture OT is a huge focus. Sure hope Getts sets up the draft through free agency by addressing at least one of these needs.

Posted · Report post

However, with gross out of the picture OT is a huge focus. Sure hope Getts sets up the draft through free agency by addressing at least one of these needs.

I really hope that Gman will not panic and reach for an OT at 28. Morgan Moses is intriguing but has not show me 1st round talent. The only OT that may be available at 28 that I would not mind is Tiny Richardson. Hoping that Gman will address OT through FA. Breno Giacomini is a man that I really like.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

I really hope that Gman will not panic and reach for an OT at 28. Morgan Moses is intriguing but has not show me 1st round talent. The only OT that may be available at 28 that I would not mind is Tiny Richardson. Hoping that Gman will address OT through FA. Breno Giacomini is a man that I really like.

This.. I hope we try and address both tackle positions in free agency even at the expense of The Kraken unfortunately 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Totally agree, not sure the value at 28 will be there at OT as it may be at WR or CB.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I had Tiny in my one mock, but no longer.  They found issues with his knees at the combine.

He and Cyrus both came out of this thing in bad shape as far as the draft.

both might be 5th or later.

OT class got a bit weaker when those guys went out.

Don't think there will be an OT there at 28 that I would think would be a value