Brandin Cooks.

#32 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Is it 1996 Yet?_

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,086 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

However, with gross out of the picture OT is a huge focus. Sure hope Getts sets up the draft through free agency by addressing at least one of these needs.

#33 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,681 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

However, with gross out of the picture OT is a huge focus. Sure hope Getts sets up the draft through free agency by addressing at least one of these needs.

I really hope that Gman will not panic and reach for an OT at 28. Morgan Moses is intriguing but has not show me 1st round talent. The only OT that may be available at 28 that I would not mind is Tiny Richardson. Hoping that Gman will address OT through FA. Breno Giacomini is a man that I really like.

#34 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

I really hope that Gman will not panic and reach for an OT at 28. Morgan Moses is intriguing but has not show me 1st round talent. The only OT that may be available at 28 that I would not mind is Tiny Richardson. Hoping that Gman will address OT through FA. Breno Giacomini is a man that I really like.

This.. I hope we try and address both tackle positions in free agency even at the expense of The Kraken unfortunately 

#35 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Is it 1996 Yet?_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,086 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Totally agree, not sure the value at 28 will be there at OT as it may be at WR or CB.

#36 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

I had Tiny in my one mock, but no longer.  They found issues with his knees at the combine.

He and Cyrus both came out of this thing in bad shape as far as the draft.

both might be 5th or later.

OT class got a bit weaker when those guys went out.

Don't think there will be an OT there at 28 that I would think would be a value

#37 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,681 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

I had Tiny in my one mock, but no longer.  They found issues with his knees at the combine.

He and Cyrus both came out of this thing in bad shape as far as the draft.

both might be 5th or later.

OT class got a bit weaker when those guys went out.

Don't think there will be an OT there at 28 that I would think would be a value

Damn.

Do you guys really believe that that failed knee will hurt Cyrus that bad? Later than the 2nd?

I almost completely believe that it would be a mistake to go OT at 28 (not named Matthews/Robinson/Lewan/Martin). With Gross retiring, our Oline is going to be pretty young if we choose to go that route. Gman should really stick to his NYG philosophy and just go FA for OL help. We cannot risk having a rookie protecting Cam blindside.

Also, Wharton is a must sign right now. It's not going to be funny letting him go. If anything, Wharton would provide depth at LT.

#38 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Greg Robinson and Aaron Donald.

Both are athletic freaks and are gonna be fuging beasts.

#39 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

2ndGear.gif

#40 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

Jerick McKinnon was crazy to watch as well

#41 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,540 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

Justin Gilbert fo sho.

#42 bdub515

bdub515

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

Cooks hands down, although it might not be a popular pick but even with the injury I would say Landry impressed me a lot too just based on what Deion Sanders was saying about him. The fact that the combine/medical guys had to go and make him stop doing the drills after he tweaked his leg shows his competitiveness and desire to put in the work. Both these two guys look like they have that "it" factor and I'd love to have either of them over anyone else not named Watkins or Evans

#43 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

Cooks really stood out to me. Jordan Matthews comes in second. I wasn't sold on either before the draft but now I would love to have either of them.

#44 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

I thought the WR's were by far the most impressive group in the Combine. Realistically the top 3 OT will be gone by #28, throw in Watkins, Evans and even Lee after a solid combine. I thought Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham, Jordan Matthews and Donte Moncrief all increased their stock to being at least early 2nd round prospects that we have a realistic shot at. Kelvin Benjamin lost a little ground but probably still goes in the 1st while Martavis Bryant increased his stock to being a late 2nd rounder in my opinion as well. 

It's ridiculous how stacked this crop of WR's in 2014 are. Brandin Cooks is my guy since Mike Evans will be gone long before #28, you could argue Cooks is the most complete receiver in the draft besides Watkins.

#45 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,681 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

I thought the WR's were by far the most impressive group in the Combine. Realistically the top 3 OT will be gone by #28, throw in Watkins, Evans and even Lee after a solid combine. I thought Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham, Jordan Matthews and Donte Moncrief all increased their stock to being at least early 2nd round prospects that we have a realistic shot at. Kelvin Benjamin lost a little ground but probably still goes in the 1st while Martavis Bryant increased his stock to being a late 2nd rounder in my opinion as well. 

It's ridiculous how stacked this crop of WR's in 2014 are. Brandin Cooks is my guy since Mike Evans will be gone long before #28, you could argue Cooks is the most complete receiver in the draft besides Watkins.

The WRs group were impressive. Other than Cooks, I went into the combine kinda knowing how the receivers were going to perform already. No one didnt really show my anything more that I didnt already know of. Cooks was the only one that shocked me.

I thought that the dbs group were a little bit more impressive. Jason Verrett and Bradley Roby were just as impressive as Cooks was. Those were three guys that I believe helped their stocks with the combine. At 28, other than OT all three of those guys would have to be in the conversation imo.

Excluding Greg Robinson and Clowney, Mike Evans was the most impressive. I would love for Gman to pull the trigger and trade up for him, bc he's really that damn good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com