Offseason Free Agent Needs
- O Line Get Wharton back and maybe pickup an aging tackle
- DB Re-sign Munnerlyn and Mitchell. I think Godfrey gets cut
- WR Probably will not get a top tier guy but need a stop gap
- DE Gettleman needs to ink Hardy or find a short term solution. Ideally we could franchise and trade but I dont want to speculate.
Offseason Team Progress
- Silatolu recovers fully and can play at the pre-injury level
- Kugbila ditches the Schwinn and proves he can contribute
I dont think we make a heavy splash with Nicks but do think we pick up a guy at WR that is better hands than LaFell. Put together this draft using the Fanspeak simulator. Generally did not reach more than a couple spots for guys.
Overall I would have liked to have improved the OL a bit more but like I said, I did not reach far at all.
1. WR ODELL BECKHAM JR.
First round tackles are gone and the Panther’s need a WR. The difference between this LSU WR and the one currently on the roster is that OBJ has pretty reliable hands. Lafail does not. And apparently he is pretty fast.
2. OT JA’WUAN JAMES
Considered 2nd tier but he will start for the Panthers next season
3. DE JACKSON JEFFCOAT
Would like to address OL/WR or DB but he is clearly BPA on the board
4. CB KEITH MCGILL
Big physical corner to help build defensive backfield
5. WR BRUCE ELLINGTON
Another fast WR.
6. TE CROCKETT GILMORE
Big TE that can catch and block. Would rather shore up the line but we need a TE also.
7. CB WALT AIKENS
Good prospect that could settle into the rotation eventually.