Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Steve Smith on Gettleman's "Evaluation" comment

Best Answer XClown1986, 26 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

maybe i need to bold[cole82ee]"im still going to wait for a non- person like source to confirm" [/color]

It was the Beason part that was ill informed. Beason requested the trade, Gettleman didnt get rid of him.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
479 replies to this topic

#211 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

I am not here to say what approach is right or which one is wrong, but I just wanted to say, that those claiming that it is a business and Smith needs to understand this...

I bet not catch one of you criticizing players for taking as much money as possible or as many years as possible or for not providing "discounts" to any organization.

Not saying cutting Smith is right or wrong, just pointing out the hypocrisy that exists.

Yeah because the Panthers have screwed Steve Smith.  Which is why he's been with us for 11 seasons and very handsomely rewarded for it.

#212 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

Backstabbers the Panther org is. Steve explained he doesn't want his kids to leave.

#213 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,908 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

agreed, but to be fair i think a lot of it is based in a belief that we can't be good without him, which just isn't the case. he can and will be replaced when it's time. it won't be smitty v.2, but it will be someone who can produce big time for us. the crazy thing about how much he's getting paid, we can get 2-3 players who can each put up as much yardage and TDs as he did last year.

needs to be best answer, sad but true. peoples better be ready...

#214 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

would he, though?

Aging receivers have a tendency to be left out in the cold, even if they still have the ability to contribute.  Teams don't want to lose the roster spot that would otherwise be occupied by a younger, developing receiver.

Yes he would. Steves intensity and passion is enough to land him on a team, plus its not like he's some slouch, he can still play and contribute.

#215 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Backstabbers the Panther org is. Steve explained he doesn't want his kids to leave.

Please.

#216 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Please.

Something called respect and commitment. Don't give me that better for the team bs because chances are he won't use it.

#217 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Something called respect and commitment. Don't give me that better for the team bs because chances are he won't use it.

The Panthers organization has done more than enough for Steve Smith throughout his career. Stuck by him when many other teams wouldn't. Took a chance on him in the first place.

Don't give me that Panthers organization bs.

#218 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Exhibit A folks.
"Steve's had a great career." This is not spoken in past tense and has obviously been taken out of context. This is present perfect tense which implies that he has had a great career up to this point. Will he continue to have a good career?

Same thing as the Cam "better win" poo from last offseason.

#219 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,557 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

You're just fishing for someone to call you a dumbass

#220 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

The Panthers organization has done more than enough for Steve Smith throughout his career. Stuck by him when many other teams wouldn't. Took a chance on him in the first place.

Don't give me that Panthers organization bs.

You're just fishing for someone to call you a dumbass

Team will be soft and pushed around without Smitty. Everybody else on O except Cam are pussies.

#221 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

Team will be soft and pushed around without Smitty. Everybody else on O except Cam are pussies.

Fortunately an offense is designed to try and score points and not win an MMA fight.

Fall back...you have no good argument.

#222 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Fortunately an offense is designed to try and score points and not win an MMA fight.

Fall back...you have no good argument.

So exactly what are you looking for then?

#223 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

turn off the water works this is a bidness there no crying in bas...football.

funny Gross is washed up accordinmg to many but the sky is falling now... Steve Smith best we ever had and he still has gas in the tank...get rid of him.I thought Heel fans were bad.

I do not participate in the business aspect of the game. I'm not a member of the front office. I'm just a fan in the stands. I love my team and every player here that has worked their asses off to make us successful. 

#224 MV%doe

MV%doe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

first beason, now reports of smitty???? don dave is cold blooded, but im still going to wait for a non- person like source to confirm. the whole locker room will be totally different, don is doing a pats/ravens/giants impression, the balls 

#225 Jimmy

Jimmy

Beer Me

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationOn A Mother F'ing Boat

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

I think since Smitty heard this through social media, etc.,that GMan was misunderstood.  I think Smitty is making something out of nothing here.  Does anyone really think that if they were going to let him go they wouldn't have reached out to him first? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.