Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best rim protector in the NBA: Bismack Biyombo

23 posts in this topic

Posted

I like BIz.

People need to get past the #7 pick issue. 

Anyone and Everyone can look back on a draft 2 years later and say what they should have done instead, but the fact is with how shallow the past few drafts have been, getting a solid and energetic back up center who can play 'D and rebound is good value.

Fans get stuck on the fact that he isn't scoring 20 points a game and then dimiss what he does and does well.  The man can flat out ball on D and his offense has slowly, slowly improved.  He may not be Ben Wallace but Dennis Rodman made a career out of rebounding.

I like Biz as a back up center who gives you energy and effort every night.  There was a game this year where Cody fouled someone and they start to push at him, and then Biz flew in-between them and got in the other players face.  I liked that.

I also agree with what other poster said about our offense not having to run through Biz when he is on the floor.  The Bobcats knew when they drafted Biz that he would be a raw project and he is in his third season and has shown improvement every year.  If they stick with him it may pay off, not as a starting center but in the role his is in now which I like.

4 people like this

Posted

When Biz was drafted he was easily the least experienced player in the draft, and the plan was always to give him 4 years on the rookie contract and then re-evaluate.  Not gonna lie, his lack of an offensive game is disappointing, but right now he is getting minutes in the rotation for Clifford, who is clearly a coach that makes players earn their minutes. 

Clifford has proven himself to be one of the best defensive minds in the game, and I'm interested to see what Biz can do next year with a year of quality coaching under his belt

Posted

we will have to make a decision on Biz here in a year- to pick up the option of a $5 mil + salary to retain him

thats a steep price for a backup center, but hopefully he will keep getting better this year and make that decision easier for us

Posted

by the way- the only 6 guys i would rather have than Biz that were taken after him:

#7 - Biz

#8- Brandon Knight

#9- Kemba (doesnt count)

#10- Jimmer Fredette

#11- Klay Thompson

#12- Alec Burks

#13- M.Morris 1

#14- M.Morris 2

#15- Kawhi Leonard

#16- Nikola Vucevic

#17- Iman Shumpert

#19- Tobias Harris

#20- Donatas Montiejunas

#22- Kenneth Farried

#24- Reggie Jackson

#25- Marshon Brooks

#30- Jimmy Butler (gem in the 2nd)

#38- Chandler Parsons (gem in the 2nd)

#60 Isaiah Thomas

Posted

We already picked up the option, and Butler was a first rounder.

Klay and Kawhi are guys I'd rather have, sure, but I still like Biz's long-term projection. He's had three coaches and they all viewed him as a project, Silas even called him a 5-year experiment.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

he's not even 22 yet

2 people like this

Posted

I hope we hang on to Biz. A couple of years with the same coaching staff and I think he will be an all around premier center in the league.

Posted

I wouldn't go back and take anyone picked after him over him now. He's in his 3rd year & he's still only 21 freaking years old. He's only been playing handball at any level for a few years.

Patrick Ewing was bright in bit only because MJ is his buddy, but he's gonna develop Biz & Cody. In 3-4 years he's gonna be the Rodman/Wallace of the league. He'll be the premiere shot blocker & rebounder in the NBA. And he'll still only be 24 years old. He'll be averaging 8-10 pts, 12 reb, 3 blocks per game as a 6th man.

Let the kid develop. All those other guys are older & pretty much a finished product. Biz will only get better & better.

That draft was terrible. Charlotte was brilliant in drafting Kemba & Biz.

Posted

I don't understand what people expected out of him.  When we drafted him, I don't remember anyone being excited for 15ppg+ or anyone that even had that notion.  Now all of a sudden people expect that?  He was NEVER drafted to be a scorer, the hope/ceiling was that he could get around 10ppg with putbacks and dunks.  He's not going to do a 15 foot fadeaway jumper.  He's not Chris Bosh.  He's a in your face defender that doesn't back down and plays hard.  He wouldn't even be out of normal college by now.   I promise you there would be a ton of teams offering him a contract right now, and I'm talking about contenders.  He's the type of guy you want on your team in the playoffs.

3 people like this

Posted

by the way- the only 6 guys i would rather have than Biz that were taken after him:

#7 - Biz

#8- Brandon Knight

#9- Kemba (doesnt count)

#10- Jimmer Fredette

#11- Klay Thompson

#12- Alec Burks

#13- M.Morris 1

#14- M.Morris 2

#15- Kawhi Leonard

#16- Nikola Vucevic

#17- Iman Shumpert

#19- Tobias Harris

#20- Donatas Montiejunas

#22- Kenneth Farried

#24- Reggie Jackson

#25- Marshon Brooks

#30- Jimmy Butler (gem in the 2nd)

#38- Chandler Parsons (gem in the 2nd)

#60 Isaiah Thomas

id take kenneth faried over bismack any day

Posted

interesting numbers:

2011 --- 23.1 minutes played --- .464 FG% --- .483 FT% --- 5.8 rpg --- 1.8 bpg --- 0.0 3pt%

2012 --- 27.3 minutes played --- .451 FG% --- .521 FT% --- 7.3 rpg --- 1.8 bpg --- 0.0 3pt%

2013 --- 15.5 minutes played --- .645 FG% --- .528 FT% --- 5.3 rpg --- 1.3 bpg --- 0.0 3pt%

his minutes have been cut in half but his FG% jumped a ton, he has improved his FT every year and still a monster on the boards and still adjusting shots with half his minutes, AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF - his 3pt FG% has been consistent throughout his career!!!