Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found this mock draft

14 posts in this topic

Posted

It was on the footballs future mock draft message boards, the first pick is the only one im not a big fan of, what do ya think?

1 Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt

2 *Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida

3 Joel Bitonio OT Nevada

4 Ahmad Dixon SS Baylor

5 Jalen Saunders WR Oklahoma

6 Cassius Marsh DE UCLA

7 Cornelius Lucas OT Kansas State

Posted

Like it!

1 person likes this

Posted

If we stand pat at 28, the we are most likely looking at the top 4 OT's being gone (Robinson, Matthews, Lewan and Martin) and possibly the top 5 or 6  WR's being gone (Watkins, Evans, Lee, OBJ, Cooks Benjamin) so, J Matthews might be all that is left at that point.

Pretty solid draft other than that although I think the 6th rounder is a waste

Posted

I would love the first 5 picks in this draft, could do without the last two. Not sure Bitonio will be there in the 3rd but Ahmad Dixon is a guy I am enamored with.  If he learns to control himself and not commit stupid penalties he could be our answer at SS. Just a hard-nosed physical player that lays guys out and is excellent at wrapping up too. I think he'd be a great fit. I'd compare him to Donte Whitner

Posted

Solid mock, the only thing I would change is pick #6.  We really need to pick up a QB and start prepping a solid #2 if something would happen to Cam.  

Posted

no to Purifoy

Posted

I'd take it and I'm not all that worried about a back up QB. DA knows the system, Cam trusts him and he knows his role here. As long as he remains cheap I'm content to keep him around.

1 person likes this

Posted

It was on the footballs future mock draft message boards, the first pick is the only one im not a big fan of, what do ya think?

1 Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt

2 *Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida

3 Joel Bitonio OT Nevada

4 Ahmad Dixon SS Baylor

5 Jalen Saunders WR Oklahoma

6 Cassius Marsh DE UCLA

7 Cornelius Lucas OT Kansas State

not a fan because of the rd or the talent? I think Matthews is a nice pick.

Posted

Solid mock, the only thing I would change is pick #6.  We really need to pick up a QB and start prepping a solid #2 if something would happen to Cam.  

Connor Shaw would be a good pick in 6th.

Posted

not a fan because of the rd or the talent? I think Matthews is a nice pick.

Don't like him in the first, Id be ok with it in the second round, I like Robinson better

Posted

He wont last to our pick in the 2nd I don't think. Watkins, Evans, Lee, Benjamin, Beckham, Cooks, Matthews, and Robinson are all gone by #60 imo so if we wait until round 2 we'd be looking at Moncrief/Landry/Adams/Richardson/Bryant

Posted

That may be the best one I've seen.