Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have now read 3 legit mocks with Falcs moving up for Clowney

52 posts in this topic

Posted

I think they wait and take one of the top 2 LTs--or Clowney if he is there.  I think Clowney goes first (to Houston) or second (to someone trading up).

Posted

Dimitroff really sounded like he was leaning heavily towards OT on the Rich Eisen podcast. It all depends on free agency though.

Posted

Legit mocks=smart blondes=military intelligence.

See the definition of "oxymoron".

Lol yeah what kinda mock is "legit"

Posted

Clowney won't keep Ryan upright.

I hope they trade up to get him.

4 people like this

Posted

If the falcons want to keep mortgaging their future on one player let them. It takes a comlete 53 man roster to win a Lombardi. One De with a questionable work ethic wont change their fortunes, they still need help at every level on defense, and their offense line is awful. They better get use to being mired in mediocrity if they continue to build this way.

Posted

Clowney is a future hall of famer! No one can blame him for the way he played in college. Half assing it to prevent being Lattimored! With coaching and maturity..... Beast mode

Posted

Lol yeah what kinda mock is "legit"

well, lets just say it wasn't Walter football.  They were more of the CBS/Sports Illustrated type.

Regardless, do you not see this as a real possibility?

Posted

i hope they do.

Posted

The gm will get fired next year if they move up for clowney. Unbelievably stupid if they do.

Posted

Lol.  Falcons fans would flip their poo if they traded up again, giving away picks.

Posted

Yeah I took as much joy in watching the Falcons suck last year as every other Panther fan, but let's not delude ourselves.  The Falcons aren't that far away from being a good team.  I really don't want my favorite college player going to a division rival cause then I'll have to hate Clowney too regardless if he was Gamecock.

I don't think it matters if they want to trade up.  Houston is going to take Clowney....their track records show it.  I wouldn't be surprised if they picked Clowney and then traded back up into the first to land Bortles.  Bortles reminds me of Tannehill and could still be available later in the first.  If he's not there they might go with Jimmy Garoppolo in the second.  Either way.....they would be the dumbest franchise ever if they went with Manziel first overall.

It's hard to believe that Houston is going to take Clowney. Bill O'Brien is a very no-nonsense type of guy, and I don't think that Clowney would fit in very well. Besides, if I were Houston, and I wanted someone to compliment JJ Watt, I'd get Mack. Mack is a true Clay Matthews-esque player who could come off the edge and do some serious damage, but also drop back into coverage and play great defense there.

Posted

I'd Imagine they're more interested in Greg Robinson or Kahlil Mack than trading up.

A lot of talent in this draft. No reason to get rid of future picks when you can get a value pick at 6.

1 person likes this