Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have now read 3 legit mocks with Falcs moving up for Clowney

52 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Sometimes people post dumb things, and then sometimes people make comments like this which leave a scar on their credibility as a poster because they validate just how simple their knowledge of the sport is

Enlighten us great one. Try to formulate an argument for Clowney that isn't based on his athleticism. It gets very tough. I watched several SCAR games. He's awful at diagnosing the play. He doesn't have any football instincts. If he can't beat the man in front of him through sheer athleticism, he has no impact on the play.

If he mailed it in this year to preserve his draft status, what do you think he's going to do once he gets paid?

Maybe things will click with the young man and he will become the player he has the potential to become. But based on what I've seen, he's the closest thing to a sure thing bust I've ever seen.

Posted · Report post

Enlighten us great one. Try to formulate an argument for Clowney that isn't based on his athleticism. It gets very tough. I watched several SCAR games. He's awful at diagnosing the play. He doesn't have any football instincts. If he can't beat the man in front of him through sheer athleticism, he has no impact on the play.

If he mailed it in this year to preserve his draft status, what do you think he's going to do once he gets paid?

Maybe things will click with the young man and he will become the player he has the potential to become. But based on what I've seen, he's the closest thing to a sure thing bust I've ever seen.

You can watch as many games as you like. You have made it readily apparent to the rest of us that you don't know what you're watching.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I love all the pro level talent evaluators in this thread calling people busts. Truth is no one knows how they will play in the nfl when they haven't even gotten there yet
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You can watch as many games as you like. You have made it readily apparent to the rest of us that you don't know what you're watching.

Keep thinking quoting talking heads makes you seem like you know what you're talking about.

Posted · Report post

I love all the pro level talent evaluators in this thread calling people busts. Truth is no one knows how they will play in the nfl when they haven't even gotten there yet

Truth. I think the kid is likely to be a bust, but I'm not paid to evaluate talent for a reason. Then again, those who are get it wrong quite often too.

Posted · Report post

None of us are professionals at this, so should we even discuss our opinions when it comes to decisions made by professional coaches, general managers, scouts, mock draft writers, and players?

Posted · Report post

None of us are professionals at this, so should we even discuss our opinions when it comes to decisions made by professional coaches, general managers, scouts, mock draft writers, and players?

I'm sorry if I don't want to hear your uninformed opinion on why a kid you've never met and only seen play a handful of times is a bust and the mentality of that player makes him a bust to you. My bad

Posted · Report post

I agree. I just expect to see a highly motivated Clowney when he enters the pros. His sophomore year is more indicative of how he projects other then he's faster and stronger now.

I don't think the motivation issues are a realistic problem moving forward for him.

As a Gamecock fan and someone who has watched just about all their games the past 10 years it sucked that he protected himself last year.....but I understand. With the new CBA it's absolutely imperative for a prospect to protect their number 1 status. The difference between what a 1st round guy and a 4th round guy makes his staggering. I don't think it was necessarily lack of motivation or motor. I think it was business.

If he protected himself before he will likely do it again.

Posted · Report post

If he protected himself before he will likely do it again.

I doubt that man.  Under the new cba the second contract is where the money is.  I think he'll come in and play is butt off to earn that second contract.

Posted · Report post

The expectations have been so high that its 20 sacks or he is a bust.
Houston is a perfect fit. Watt is the best guy to mentor JC and look out from there.
Other teams he would have to carry the d where in Houston he just plays.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

I doubt that man. Under the new cba the second contract is where the money is. I think he'll come in and play is butt off to earn that second contract.

The pattern just seems to suggest otherwise. He could do just enough to keep the paychecks coming in. If there has ever been a bigger more obvious example of a guy not giving his all I would be interested to know about it. He cant love the game to do such a thing.

Posted · Report post

The pattern just seems to suggest otherwise. He could do just enough to keep the paychecks coming in. If there has ever been a bigger more obvious example of a guy not giving his all I would be interested to know about it. He cant love the game to do such a thing.

What pattern?  Did he hold out in high school or something?  You think NFL players can govern the level they play easily?    I imagine some player saying to themself...." well I think I'll just play well enough to earn 9 mil this year."

You either play well and earn the contract or you don't.